Page 726 of 807 FirstFirst ... 226626676716724725726727728736776 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,260 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Related: been thinking about one of these because reasons. Anyone actually tried one? (Maybe I heard about it here to start with. It's been awhile.)

https://www.consolevault.com/

Those are great for temporarily storing a gun when you were out and about and have to go into a place where you can’t legally carry but they’re still not suitable for leaving a gun in the car full-time.

The problem is the people who leave guns in their car all the time because they are too lazy to carry their gun on their person or bring it in and out every day won’t use something like a Consol vault. They want “quick access” because they are using their car as a holster.

Related: been thinking about one of these because reasons. Anyone actually tried one? (Maybe I heard about it here to start with. It's been awhile.)

I’ve had one in my Jeep for several years. Very pleased and highly recommend. Obviously not incredibly heavy duty but solid and when combined with the difficulty of accessing the center console alone, it’s not like someone can just pull the whole thing out and open it when safely hidden later. I wish it was a tad bigger so it could fit my Roland Special but that’s more of an issue with my center console than the Console Vault since it’s pretty good at maximizing space.

I am considering the Vaultek Slider for more of a holster role though, the CV is definitely not quick access and my new location has many more short trips because it’s small and I don’t carry a lot because half the time I’m in gym clothes and/or somewhere I’m not legally able to carry so it has me re-looking quick access car storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2022...ide-sapd-says/

Suspected home intruder shot, killed by homeowner on Southwest Side, SAPD says
    Police said the suspected intruder died at the scene from injuries

SAN ANTONIO – A suspected home intruder is dead after being shot during a confrontation with a homeowner on the Southwest Side, according to San Antonio police.

The shooting happened around 6 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Hazel Street.

Police said the homeowner, a man in his early 20s, went to the back door of his home to confront a possible intruder.
    The homeowner found the alleged intruder, a man in his mid-30s, near the back door and fired two gunshots, striking him in the chest, SAPD said.

When officers arrived, they performed CPR on the man who was shot until EMS took over. The man later died from his injuries at the scene.

Police said it’s possible the homeowner and the alleged intruder could be related.
    Please note that the fact that the suspect and the shooter may be related does not necessarily mean this is a mistake of fact shooting. Unfortunately, in some communities it’s not unheard of to have an extended family member who will steal from you or otherwise pose a threat.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-13-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Site Supporter
    Similar to others, I have one and really like it, including for vehicle registration and a spare mag. IMO only for short term storage in areas where your car is pretty safe to begin with. Easier access and slightly safer than a locked glove compartment.

Site Supporter
    Speaking of family possibly being a threat. Shot by his own momma after attacking his brother and then died at her house a day later.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...by-mother.html
    A man is dead in Lawrence County a day after his mother reportedly shot him to bring an end to a family dispute.

Lawrence County Chief Deputy Brian Covington the incident happened in the Hatton Community in the 8000 block of County Road 236.

WHNT, quoting the Lawrence County Coroner’s Office, said the wounded man was identified as Lucas Harville, 43.

On Wednesday, Covington said, a man was reportedly assaulting his brother with a baseball bat. His mother shot Harville in the leg in order to stop the assault.

Harville was flown to Huntsville Hospital and released later Wednesday night. There was no condition given for the brother in the altercation.

Covington said on Thursday, deputies learned that Harville had been released from the hospital and was at home with his mother. They went to the home to arrest him on assault charges.

When they arrived, they found Harville unresponsive and started CPR with the aid of an AED device until an ambulance could arrive.

Harville was taken to Lawrence Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. His body was transported to the Department of Forensics Science for an autopsy to determine the manner of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Speaking of family possibly being a threat. Shot by his own momma after attacking his brother and then died at her house a day later.

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2...by-mother.html

Mama tried...

(Various interpretations may apply.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Mama tried...

(Various interpretations may apply.)
    Thank God I'm hearing that tune in Merle's voice!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Thank God I'm hearing that tune in Merle's voice!
    It's the only one I hear.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I can see the stupidity of leaving it in your vehicle in front of your house overnight. However, there are times where you just don’t have a choice.
    I should have been clearer - HCM described the behavior I was referring to, not temporarily securing a gun in your car because you’re in a no-fly zone:

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The problem is the people who leave guns in their car all the time because they are too lazy to carry their gun on their person or bring it in and out every day won’t use something like a Consol vault. They want “quick access” because they are using their car as a holster.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have those in our two primary vehicles because of friggin’ 30.06. I like the Ridgeline one better because it has more room on top of the vault door for normal car detritus such as napkins and such. The Explorer one doesn’t have much space on top. I’d buy both again.

I miss NH, there were almost no no fly zones.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List