Page 798 of 807 FirstFirst ... 298698748788796797798799800 ... LastLast
Results 7,971 to 7,980 of 8063

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    What a sh*tty way for the festivities to end. Not in the article linked below, but somewhere I read it was gang-related.

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/02/15/pol...ade-3-custody/

This dude certainly has cojones.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1757956697207787662?s=61&t=wmOExLrvrYmeFOVr8qFeRQ

The number of kids reported being shot makes me doubt a gang connection. But then again, if it was something else I would think it would have happened earlier in the day. Very little information coming out so far.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    The number of kids reported being shot makes me doubt a gang connection. But then again, if it was something else I would think it would have happened earlier in the day. Very little information coming out so far.
    Has it been confirmed that the children were

1)really children and not 16 YO bangers?

2) actually shot vs trampled. Not that it makes a difference how the injury occurred, but if we are going to be reporting we should strive first accuracy. I keep hearing injured children but nothing beyond that.

There was a news clip that showed 3 folks being taken into custody. All three seemed to be young minority males with your typical modern youth attire. Saggy pants baggy hoodies…. Assuming these are actual suspects vs folks getting collateral arrested in the confusion. The one that was tackled by the fan had what looked like 2 AR rifles/pistols on him. One in a bag the other out (most likely fell out). Wonder what the chances are this one will be a disposable minor banger wannabe whose job was to ditch the guns after the fact.

Most likely gang related or some kind of other group activity. Maybe drug related. Maybe terror. If it’s the first two you’ll see a drop in coverage about the incident and a switch to the general topic of mass shootings with the usual insinuations about this one.

The reality is this will be a known to authorities multiple LEO interactions situation. Not some grey man who went off the rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki

Site Supporter
    Kids and gangs are not contraindicated.

Gangs recruit kids early - like as early as 7 to 8 years old in my experience.

Not to mention the media is very free with labeling teenagers as “children.”

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

1)really children and not 16 YO bangers?

2) actually shot vs trampled. Not that it makes a difference how the injury occurred, but if we are going to be reporting we should strive first accuracy. I keep hearing injured children but nothing beyond that.

There was a news clip that showed 3 folks being taken into custody. All three seemed to be young minority males with your typical modern youth attire. Saggy pants baggy hoodies…. Assuming these are actual suspects vs folks getting collateral arrested in the confusion. The one that was tackled by the fan had what looked like 2 AR rifles/pistols on him. One in a bag the other out (most likely fell out). Wonder what the chances are this one will be a disposable minor banger wannabe whose job was to ditch the guns after the fact.

Most likely gang related or some kind of other group activity. Maybe drug related. Maybe terror. If it’s the first two you’ll see a drop in coverage about the incident and a switch to the general topic of mass shootings with the usual insinuations about this one.

The reality is this will be a known to authorities multiple LEO interactions situation. Not some grey man who went off the rails.

I have not seen ages reported. As I wrote, if it was something else, I would think it would have happened earlier in the event. My one contact left in that area who might have more information is on .mil leave.

https://fox4kc.com/news/shots-fired-...union-station/

"Children’s Mercy said it has 12 patients, and 11 are children. Nine of those patients have gunshot wounds. All of them are expected to recover."

The above-linked article is the extent of what has been reported. I did see video of one of the suspects this morning and agree with your assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Kids and gangs are not contraindicated.

Gangs recruit kids early - like as early as 7 to 8 years old in my experience.

Not to mention the media is very free with labeling teenagers as “children.”
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post

With the usual caveats for first 48 hours of an incident, the local media was indicating that 17 of the 22 hospitalized were GSW's
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Site Supporter
    Point taken.
    My understanding is both suspects still in custody are, themselves, juveniles.

Site Supporter
    This is from last year but WTF ?

https://www.wavy.com/news/investigat...-shooting/amp/

Court docs: Two JCCPD officers fought over location tracking software before shooting

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. (WAVY) – The James City County police officer accused of shooting and seriously hurting his sergeant told police officers he did so after the sergeant got angry over access to location tracking software on his phone.

Officer Michael Rusk is facing charges in connection to the shooting of Sgt. Christopher Gibson outside a Williamsburg bar back in January. The two had been drinking together while off-duty.

A 10 On Your Side investigation previously revealed that Rusk told 911 dispatchers he shot Gibson because he was making unwanted sexual advances on him.

“I thought he was going to f****** rape me,” he told the dispatcher.

A search warrant obtained by 10 On Your Side is now shedding even more light on what led up to the shooting. The search warrant states that on the night of the shooting, Rusk told investigating officers that Gibson had gotten mad because he wanted Rusk to give him access to tracking software on his phone – and Rusk refused.

“During an interview with Rusk, he told me…there were texts, calls, and screenshots of messages and pictures on his phone from Gibson,” according to the search warrant.

Investigators requested the information to help establish a motive for the shooting.

In an exclusive interview with 10 On Your Side, Rusk’s father said he had witnessed Gibson seemingly following Rusk prior to the shooting.

“Michael would be traveling around with a girlfriend, or visiting us with his girlfriend, and Chris would appear,” Jason Rusk said.

He would just show up out of nowhere on streets where girlfriends lived, or driving down our street, or say ‘I see you’re hanging out with so-and-so again.’ I was like, ‘How could he have known that?’”

Williamsburg Police Department is investigating the shooting. They did not return our request for comment on this story.

10 On Your Side has reached out to Sgt. Gibson for comment. He has not responded to our requests. He is currently on paid administrative leave pending an internal affairs investigation.

Officer Michael Rusk is currently on unpaid leave. He is expected back in court in June.

Site Supporter
    https://www.al.com/news/2024/02/loui...to-resign.html

Louisiana police chief shot along with wife by officer he was having affair with refuses to resign

The Opelousas, Louisiana chief of police used a Monday night community meeting to flex the achievements of his department, pledging deeper involvement and more safety in the city after months of fallout from his involvement in a shooting.

City residents found standing room only Monday night at Opelousas City Hall for the Opelousas Police Department’s new quarterly community engagement meeting — an effort purportedly aimed at increasing transparency and accountability between citizens and the department.

Opelousas Chief of Police Graig LeBlanc used the opportunity to go over improvements his department has made, answer prewritten questions and take a handful of audience questions. He has refused calls to resign.

The meeting was the chief’s first major public speaking appearance since the Dec. 22 shooting that left him and his wife, Crystal LeBlanc injured. The shooting took place after his wife confronted him at the home of an Opelousas police officer, with whom he admitted having an extramarital affair.

Officer Savannah Butler produced a gun during the confrontation, shooting LeBlanc in the hand and his wife in the arm.

No citizens brought up the incident at the Monday meeting.

Butler turned herself into the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office in early January and faces charges- related to the shooting of two counts of negligent injury, one count of illegal discharge of a firearm and obstruction of justice, our previous reporting said. Another OPD officer, Tyrone Abrams was arrested on principle to obstruction of justice and malfeasance in office for allegedly helping Abrams destroy evidence after the shooting.

LeBlanc turned himself into the sheriff’s office in late January and faces charges of obstruction of justice, malfeasance in office and failure to seek assistance, previous reporting said. All are felony charges. The chief was described in the video footage as allegedly leaving his wife behind in the vehicle suffering from a bullet wound to go back inside Butler’s home, the sheriff office said press release. LeBlanc was heard allegedly telling his wife not to call authorities about the incident, the sheriff’s office said.

Site Supporter
    Two Israelis were killed and four others were wounded, including two in serious condition, in a shooting attack at a junction in southern Israel on Friday afternoon, police and medics said.

The terror attack took place at Re’em Junction, just north of the city of Kiryat Malachi, shortly after 12:30 p.m.Police said the terrorist arrived at the scene in a vehicle and opened fire at people at a bus station with a handgun, before he was shot and killed by an off-duty IDF reservist officer at the scene.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ad/ar-BB1inR97

User Tag List