Page 677 of 806 FirstFirst ... 177577627667675676677678679687727777 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,770 of 8059

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    More on Buffalo shooting

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...lly-motivated/

This will stir up an anti-gun hornets nest. The press finally has themselves a white supremacist mass shooter.
    He was certainly "one of us" --a "firearms enthusiast."

A link to search his Reddit post history: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarchAgains...alo_terrorist/

Much gun talk, a bit of racism.

In the Venn Diagram of 2a enthusiasts, White Supremists are a circle that is 100% inside the larger circle we all are members of.

They all love guns. They generally love to talk about guns, RW and online.

When does this become something we have a responsibility to confront?

Or are we going to keep crying about the MSM?

This won't be the last shooting like this, or the most horrific.

But somehow, White Supremacy, despite being on the Fed list for "biggest domestic terrorist threat in the USA" for decades, and with the highest body count most years here of any terrorist grouping, is always a bizarre aberration that is overinflated by the MSM when one of their acts of violence hits the news.

The big difference between this and other White Supremist attacks is that it was a mass shooting rather than an assassination. The former seems to freak out the public far more than the latter, understandably as anyone can see themselves as a victim of a spree.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    The press finally has themselves a white supremacist mass shooter.
    Finally, there have been several in recent history and in the past . Sorry, that group is a real threat.

The issues will be around gun control. We've had all kinds of mass shooters with various group hatred motivations and different ethniciities. See the Follmax book, I mentioned. However, white supremacist is not an unknown group to say: finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Finally, there have been several in recent history and in the past . Sorry, that group is a real threat.

The issues will be around gun control. We've had all kinds of mass shooters with various group hatred motivations and different ethniciities. See the Follmax book, I mentioned. However, white supremacist is not an unknown group to say: finally.
    Indeed. Just off the top of my head I recall the Tree of Life synagogue murderer and the Charleston church murderer. Im sure there are a couple I haven’t thought of too.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Shooter is turning out to have a history of threats, bizarre behavior at school, media and interactions with mental health that should have (hindsight is wonderful) lit up some kind of threat assessment procedure. Was it enough to get on the NICS list will be debated? Parents being interrogated. Have to wait until the smoke clears.

I'd bet that the ability for 18 year olds to buy long arms will be challenged. That's going to be tough in the hunting areas.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Deleted for redundancy. Others made the same points.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Shooter is turning out to have a history of threats, bizarre behavior at school, media and interactions with mental health that should have (hindsight is wonderful) lit up some kind of threat assessment procedure. Was it enough to get on the NICS list will be debated? Parents being interrogated. Have to wait until the smoke clears.

I'd bet that the ability for 18 year olds to buy long arms will be challenged. That's going to be tough in the hunting areas.
    CA’s law denying semi auto long guns to 18-20 year olds was just found unconstitutional by the 9th circuit so that would be an uphill battle.

As for the NICS list -.the person would need to be involuntarily commuted by a judge is a court proceeding in which they were represented by counsel. Emergency detention for evaluation and self check ins don’t count.

See Title 18 US Code 922(g)(4)

(4) who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Indeed. Just off the top of my head I recall the Tree of Life synagogue murderer and the Charleston church murderer. Im sure there are a couple I haven’t thought of too.
    The Buffalo subject is a straight up copy cat of the New Zealand Mosque shooter and the El Paso Walmart Shooter.

Right down to the writing on his rifle and copied and pasted portions of his manifesto.

The Poway Synagogue shooter too - that died t get much attention as the suspects t was thwarted by an off duty U.S. Border Patrol Agent.

I will admit, I have not been able to do a ton of research. But this kid had to have a history. Flagged in school or noticed for wanting to incite some sort of violence. Which then leads back to the same problem I had locally. School admin or local Leo failed to pursue a legitimate threat and here we are with bodies and politicians screaming for gun control.

The theatre shooter was a similar situation. Tons of red flags raised and nothing was done. Shit is disheartening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I will admit, I have not been able to do a ton of research. But this kid had to have a history. Flagged in school or noticed for wanting to incite some sort of violence. Which then leads back to the same problem I had locally. School admin or local Leo failed to pursue a legitimate threat and here we are with bodies and politicians screaming for gun control.

The theatre shooter was a similar situation. Tons of red flags raised and nothing was done. Shit is disheartening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There seems to be this assumption that when people like this pop up on the radar if they go on to conduct an attack someone dropped the ball.

These people have the same constitutional rights as everyone else and barring an explicit and specific threat or an egregious enough mental health problem there’s not a lot that can be done.

The Buffalo shooter made some weird and potentially threatening statements when he was in high school. High school officials referred to the police. The state police investigated and referred him for a mental health evaluation.

Without evidence of a crime, it falls to the mental health providers. If they don’t believe the subject is a threat to themselves or others, they are usually released with instructions to take medication and /or receive follow up treatment.
    In my experience if there is not a family member in the loop to ensure that follow up treatment or medication happens these people don’t get treatment and things continue to devolve.
    Last edited by HCM; 05-15-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Site Supporter
    Analysis of why the NYS Red Flag law wasn't used.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/16/n...o-suspect.html

While no details on the psychiatric evaluation have been released, it does not appear that anyone sought a red flag order against the suspect. The state police said that he had not named a specific murder target.

User Tag List