Page 528 of 807 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538578628 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Post Homeowner shoots, kills alleged intruder in Wheat Ridge, Colorado

https://kdvr.com/2019/11/07/homeowne...n-wheat-ridge/
    Homeowner shoots, kills alleged intruder in Wheat Ridge
    POSTED 9:33 PM, NOVEMBER 7, 2019, BY ERIC RUBLE, UPDATED AT 09:40PM, NOVEMBER 7, 2019

WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. — An alleged home intruder was shot and killed in Wheat Ridge late Wednesday night.
    According to the Wheat Ridge Police Department, the shooting happened about 11:30 p.m. near West 45th Avenue and Parfet Street.
    Police say a man entered a home and startled the homeowner. The man refused to leave and was shot by the homeowner.
    WRPD did not mention the shooting until it was contacted by FOX31 Thursday evening following a news tip.
    The name of the victim and homeowner were not released.
    No one involved in the incident is planning to press charges, according to police.
    WRPD has not yet provided further details about the shooting.
    Follow this story to get email or text alerts from KDVR when there is a future article following this storyline.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    That's scary.
    I have the same gun with safety.

Does that mean it fired with safety or he put it back to safety afterwards?
    First, understand that some news articles are more accurate than others. I have read articles about events I have personally witnessed or been a part of and barely even recognized the description of the event.

The article said that the weapon had a safety on it, in other words that it was a model equipped with a manual safety. That does not mean the safety was or was not engaged. There are a lot of facts missing from the article. Whether or not the safety was engaged, whether or not a holster was used, if so what type of holster, etc.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/2019/11/09...io-police-say/

Man driving with gun in lap accidentally shoots self, San Antonio police say

SAN ANTONIO – A 20-year-old man was hospitalized Saturday after he accidentally shot himself in the leg while driving, San Antonio police said.

The man was driving and handling a gun in his lap before 4 p.m. when it accidentally fired and grazed his leg, a police sergeant at the scene said.

He was driven to the Express Emergency Room at 15140 Nacogdoches Road on the Northeast Side and transferred to Brooke Army Medical Center. His injuries are not life-threatening.
    The sergeant said the man did not want to be treated and did not want police involved possibly due to unidentified narcotics found in the vehicle.

Two women who were in the vehicle when the gun went off are not being treated as suspects, police said, but they were taken into custody for municipal court warrants.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-10-2019 at 12:46 PM.

Site Supporter
    Not a shooting incident, but, hey, self-defense is self defense.

Had the suspect gone into the house while the former female roommate was there, who the suspect was apparently stalking, she probably would have been better off with something more "equalizing" than a battle axe.

Last edited by idahojess; 11-10-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

Had the suspect gone into the house while the former female roommate was there, who the suspect was apparently stalking, she probably would have been better off with something more "equalizing" than a battle axe.

It would have been interesting if that axe had been properly sharpened...would have looked like a hog killing in that apartment.
    Last edited by deputyG23; 11-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post

"It's not LARPing..."

But, good job LARPing guy. A win is a win. The intruder is lucky he wasn't facing someone more capable, with a fully live weapon.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/2019/11/10...h-san-antonio/

Charter bus en route to Dallas shot at while passing through San Antonio
    Woman, 60, hit in head by bullet

SAN ANTONIO – A charter bus traveling on I-35 heading to Dallas was hit by gunfire while entering San Antonio, police said. The incident happened around 2:45 a.m. Sunday.

According to police, one of the bullets went through the window of the bus and hit a 60-year-old woman in the head. She was taken to University Hospital and at last check was in serious condition.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-10-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    https://www.ksat.com/news/2019/11/08...lved-shooting/

Officials identify aggravated sexual assault suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
    Man pulled out rifle as officers boxed him in, police said

SAN ANTONIO – An aggravated sexual assault suspect who was killed during a Lone Star Fugitive Task Force operation Wednesday night has been identified.

Raul Casas Campos, 34, was fatally shot by a San Antonio police officer when he allegedly pulled out a rifle at a Walmart gas station near Southwest Loop 410 and Ray Ellison Boulevard.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said Wednesday that the Lone Star Fugitive Task force was following Campos, who was accused of sexually assaulting his ex-girlfriend on Monday, and boxed him in at the gas station.

Convicted child abuser indicted for sex assault of 9-year-old child allowed visitations with son, 5

That’s when Campos allegedly pulled out a long rifle with a drum magazine as an officer approached him, McManus said.

“The officer felt compelled to use deadly force, fired, I believe, one time at the suspect, and (the suspect) was subsequently transported to the hospital,” McManus said Wednesday.

Campos later died from his injuries.

He was accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend after luring her to his home in the 13000 block of Laguna Road and forcing her inside at gunpoint.

The Bexar County Sheriff’s Office searched Campos’ home Monday night for explosives after a separate man in a bullet-proof vest left the residence with a grenade.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-10-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Looks like the next time I head west on I-10 I'll find somewhere before or after San Antonio to fill up...

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Looks like the next time I head west on I-10 I'll find somewhere before or after San Antonio to fill up...
    Buc-ee's in Baytown, Brookshire, and Luling. Cleanest bathrooms and great coffee.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

User Tag List