Page 228 of 807 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 8062

Thread: Shooting incidents in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    It has been said before...but I am astonished at the utter irony that the US Marines are the most vulnerable here at home due to gun restrictions set forth by Federal gov't. I mean it is a truly bizarre and painfully stupid world we live in when armed citizens have to protect Marines.
    No, they are facing many of the same issues here and abroad. Radicalized Muslims target our soldiers in bases and areas protected by signs rather than soldiers. Our enemies our subverting their people into soft areas and killing Americans. This is the same as "blue on green", "green on green", and using "civilians" to penetrate installations and kill Americans. Policy makers feel the threat from armed soldiers with negligent discharges and unsafe handling and practices,irresponsibility, etc. is a greater threat than our enemies targeting soft targets, and are unwilling to invest in the training needed to have an armed military. It's called "choices".

Like many things, the people who make these decisions have armed security and tend to work in facilities that are hardened and protected by armed personnel, so they could really care less about the peons safety, as long as the peons don't blemish their record by having an ND or other incident. This is called supervision versus leadership.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

5th Marine succumbs to their wounds. RIP.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Damn.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Actually, a Navy Petty Officer.

Interesting fact from the article:
    The father of Abdulazeez was investigated -- and cleared, twice -- as part of an FBI probe into terrorism financing, law enforcement officials said.
    and
    Authorities are trying to figure out why Abdulazeez -- an accomplished student, well-liked peer, mixed martial arts fighter and devout Muslim -- went on the killing spree.

U.S. Attorney Bill Killian said the shootings are being investigated as an "act of domestic terrorism," but he noted the incident has not yet been classified as terrorism.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    <sarcasm>

What? He wasn't waving a Rebel Battle Flag on Facebook, or something similarly obvious. We wouldn't want a rush to judgement.

</sarcasm>
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    <sarcasm>

What? He wasn't waving a Rebel Battle Flag on Facebook, or something similarly obvious. We wouldn't want a rush to judgement.

</sarcasm>
    As The Queen of Snark said
    Me: *waves raised hand frantically* "Ooh! Ooh! I know the motive! Pick me! Pick me!"
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Perfect meme:

Perfect meme:

Sad some actually believe that!! :-(
    "A man's character is his fate."

Perfect meme:

Stolen.
    Also, where would you like your Internet sent?
    Glenn Reynolds

I'll take it right here with a cup of black coffee, a black gun and black Jolly Roger....

User Tag List