Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC State Trooper Kevin Conner Killed in Line of Duty

NC State Trooper Kevin Conner Killed in Line of Duty

RIP Trooper Conner.

Initial story here...

The deadly confrontation unfolded when Kevin Conner, an 11-year veteran, stopped a pickup truck for speeding in Columbus County just after midnight, the North Carolina Department of Public Safety said.

The driver pulled onto the shoulder, and when Conner approached, the driver allegedly fired several shots, authorities said.
    The suspected shooter then fled the scene and led police on a car chase, authorities said.
    His car became stuck while trying to drive over a railroad crossing, authorities said, so he then fled on foot.
    The suspect was found after an "extensive search" and taken into custody without incident, authorities said.

Additional info available in the following news article.

Raheem Davis, 20, is charged first-degree murder in the case. Davis appeared this afternoon in Columbus County Court, where he was denied bond.

District Attorney Jon David said in court Davis shot Conner twice: one in the torso near his rib cage and once on the eyebrow. David said the truck Davis was driving was stolen. He said investigators found a cell phone and shirt belonging to Davis, but not a gun.

David says a citizen who arrived on scene called 911.

Davis has a prior charge in Columbus County from January of 2017. He was charged with discharging a firearm into an occupied property.

In court, Davis kept his head down as law enforcement filled the room in support of their fallen brother.
    Last edited by blues; 10-17-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

RIP, Trooper. Prayers out for family and friends left behind.

RIP Brother!

I learned the details of this today...and they are shity. I won’t post them here...suffice to say I hope the suspect dies a painful and horrible death.

RIP Trooper Conner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    RIP, Trooper Conner. One would think that reading more of these would make us numb, that we could somehow learn to "take it" better with each one. Speaking for myself, I find the reverse is true. As I read these, I feel even more nausea and.... the more repulsed and angry I get. I never "get used to it."

RIP Trooper. I hope they fry the murderer.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I learned the details of this today...and they are shity. I won’t post them here...suffice to say I hope the suspect dies a painful and horrible death.
    Please share some of them, Brother. Facts are facts, feelings can lie...

pat

I genuinely hope the suspect (predator) is truly terrified in his last few moments of life before the needle goes into his arm,(probably years from now) and the last few days on death row are a living hell for him. For the children of the murdered Trooper, it won't bring their father back. That is a hole that can never be filled, but at least they can know that the evil trash that took their father away is burning in hell.

CWM11B
    I heard some limited details today too, was around a bunch troopers doing some training. Stuff that hasn't been released needs to stay that way IMO. It will come out when appropriate/necessary.
    RIP Trooper. It gas been a rough year for the NCSHP.

User Tag List