Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 870 Trade-Ins for $230

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I ordered two.

Genuine military 870's with bayonet mounts don't show up every day.
    3/15/2016

Came here to post this, definitely ordering one. What type of bayonet should I get to go with it?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I believe the Vietnam era bayonet for the M16 will work.
    3/15/2016

On the scale of 870 Express (shit) to police/old model 870 (good) where would these rate? Aside from looking beaten up (who cares) how are the guts of these things?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    On the scale of 870 Express (shit) to police/old model 870 (good) where would these rate? Aside from looking beaten up (who cares) how are the guts of these things?
    On one hand they're old wingmasters which considered good, but on the other hand they're old enough that they don't have the flexitab however that didn't stop me from impulse buying one.

On a side note, I was looking around and found an old ar15com thread where they decided the bayonet mount alone is worth $200 so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    The only ones I encountered were still in service and beat to death. The ones in the pics look better than the ones I shot, but who knows what you'll get.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by zoomies View Post
    On one hand they're old wingmasters which considered good, but on the other hand they're old enough that they don't have the flexitab however that didn't stop me from impulse buying one.

On a side note, I was looking around and found an old ar15com thread where they decided the bayonet mount alone is worth $200 so there's that.
    The fact that they lack the flexitab parts is not so bad. I am buying one just for the barrel and receiver. The trigger group, chromed bolt, and carrier can be spares for a trap gun.

Hammertime
    I am going to take it on faith from the shotgunners here that this is what I want for a pump shotgun project.

I have a 1301 and a Mossberg 500 something, but the experts say an old Wingmaster is the way to go for a pump.

User Tag List