Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refurbed Computers

I would not purchase one, but I think I'm not the norm there. It's like purchasing a used gun, sure with a spring swap it's 99% likely to be fine but I'd rather start with something fresh and new if I'm gonna be the one beating it up.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

You don't often get 2/3 off on a used gun.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Macs are notorious for using old outdated hardware in their premium line ups.

I would just buy a Chromebook and call it a day.

I buy a lot of off-lease corporate machines; stuff that's 12-18 months old. The pricing discount on them is stellar.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Per my nephew (who works in the industry and makes far more than I do at a much younger age), that is a 2009 model and doesn’t support current versions of MacOS. He suggests no older than a 2012 model.

He is my go-to when I have tech questions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I buy a lot of off-lease corporate machines; stuff that's 12-18 months old. The pricing discount on them is stellar.
    This. The laptop I'm working on now I bought in '14 and is still going strong. It's handled Windows updates through the current one with no problems. When it dies, I'll get another refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Macs are notorious for using old outdated hardware in their premium line ups.

I would just buy a Chromebook and call it a day.
    Google is evil.

Refurb computers are perfectly fine for internet browsing and office applications. If you aren't up to speed on replacing hardware components, get the warranty and max out the RAM.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List