Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Dark Pharm" Letters?

"Dark Pharm" Letters?

I'm not LE, but am just hoping to get some perspective from those who are. We recieved the letter in the pictures below yesterday. It was addressed to me by name and physical address which is a little concerning, and is offering to sell me various forms of drugs in exchange for bitcoin. My first instinct was to just chuck it, but it mentions that they sometimes mail random drug shipments to recipients of the letters who don't place an order. I'm guessing this sort of thing is fairly commonplace and I should just disregard. Am I wrong in that assumption, and is there any reason to be concerned by this, beyond the fact that some random scumbag has my name and home address?

Name:  dark pharm_Page_1.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  50.1 KB
    Name:  dark pharm_Page_2.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  47.4 KB
    Name:  dark pharm_Page_3.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  68.7 KB
    Name:  dark pharm_Page_4.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  63.9 KB

No drug dealer is going to mail random drugs to someone’s house that haven’t been paid for.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    No drug dealer is going to mail random drugs to someone’s house that haven’t been paid for.
    ...and they aren't offering to either. You pay with bitcoin and then they ship. At least per their instructions. I think they mean a bitcoin address could get mixed up and someone's paid delivery goes to someone else's residence. If it actually works as listed. Which I doubt, most likely just a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I'm not LE, but am just hoping to get some perspective from those who are. We recieved the letter in the pictures below yesterday. It was addressed to me by name and physical address which is a little concerning, and is offering to sell me various forms of drugs in exchange for bitcoin. My first instinct was to just chuck it, but it mentions that they sometimes mail random drug shipments to recipients of the letters who don't place an order. I'm guessing this sort of thing is fairly commonplace and I should just disregard. Am I wrong in that assumption, and is there any reason to be concerned by this, beyond the fact that some random scumbag has my name and home address?
    It's *probably* just a scam to milk you for bitcoins. You wouldn't be wrong to report it to local LE just in case, though.

Oh, and they don't understand "entrapment".
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 10-16-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ...and they aren't offering to either. You pay with bitcoin and then they ship. At least per their instructions. I think they mean a bitcoin address could get mixed up and someone's paid delivery goes to someone else's residence. If it actually works as listed. Which I doubt, most likely just a scam.
    They do state that they do random shipments (whether they would is another story, I tend to agree with Caleb that no dealer is going to waste their product). It's buried somewhere on page three or four. I think, as you note, it's probably a scam, it just sketches me out that this person had my exact name and address. I ended up filing a report with the USPS inspectors. Should I do local LE as well, or should that cover it?

They do state that they do random shipments (whether they would is another story, I tend to agree with Caleb that no dealer is going to waste their product). It's buried somewhere on page three or four. I think, as you note, it's probably a scam, it just sketches me out that this person had my exact name and address. I ended up filing a report with the USPS inspectors. Should I do local LE as well, or should that cover it?
    I think most people would be surprised how easy it is to find people’s addresses.

I think most people would be surprised how easy it is to find people’s addresses.
    Google has my current address, place of employment, and my facebook profile picture. I don't use my real name on facebook

Scary stuff.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 10-16-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Closest I could find is the city I live and where I work in about 5 minutes of googleing... That said, it looks like this may have been the result of a data breach at my work. A notice was sent out that other employees are recieving similar letters and emails.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    They do state that they do random shipments (whether they would is another story, I tend to agree with Caleb that no dealer is going to waste their product). It's buried somewhere on page three or four.
    Right. But it's like their "entrapment". What they present as a way to make any transaction safe by circumventing the legal system. Note that it's in their "note to law enforcement" section. Boiled down it reads:

"Dear cops, we sometimes ship drugs randomly so if this house ordered drugs you can't prove the person at the address ordered it vs us just shipping it randomly. Nyah-nyah-pbbbbtt."

It's a wink-wink-nudge-nudge thing to make you feel safe that even if your package is intercepted you won't be in legal trouble so you should feel safe and secure "ordering". Not a real (even if it's a totally legit offer vs a bitcoin scam) "random sample giveaway" thing.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    You should be fine if you filed a report with the Postal Inspection Service. Unless the letter originated inyour jurisdiction, it is unlikelythe local agency would follow up on the matter.

So I'm guessing no PF group buy???.....

User Tag List