Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With Sears declaring bankruptcy ....

With Sears declaring bankruptcy ....

...will your J C Higgins become a collectible?

Will I'll be able to get my Die Hard car battery covered under warranty?

Will Michael Jackson still be able to get "little boy’s pants, half-off?"

(Too soon?)
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My first shotgun was a JC Higgins that was picked up in a trade. It would malfunction about once every 25 rounds. A guy offered me $80 bucks for it so I sold it and picked up a Mossberg 500.

Earlier this year someone gave me a Sears shotgun that looks similar to the JC Higgins but doesn't have the JC Higgins markings on it.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

My first deer rifle was a Ted Williams Sears .30-06, with a Weaver K4 scope on it.

I wish I still had it.

I've got a JC Higgins Model 30 handed down from my grandpa. It is a shootin' machine, although I haven't shot it in a very long time. It's killed more critters than traffic in its day.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 10-15-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Im not positive, but I think there were some Mauser actioned rifles sold under the Ted Williams brand at some point. They may not be collectible from the name on the barrel, but are probably good rifles if one is into commercial Mauser sporters. There were scads of them sold under many names over the years, some were pretty nicely stocked and set up for the price point, and seem to be under valued by most.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Will I'll be able to get my Die Hard car battery covered under warranty?
    What about all my Craftsman wrenches? Oh wait, I wasn’t having those replaced anyways, because new Craftsman was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What about all my Craftsman wrenches? Oh wait, I wasn’t having those replaced anyways, because new Craftsman was crap.
    One of my favorite guns (bought by a grandfather I never met) is a Western Field 20G bolt action with tiger maple stock... but they might have been Montgomery Ward guns not Sears.

-Cory

I remember my father taking me to Sears to get my first baseball glove, a Ted Williams.

I stopped going to Sears as an adult when the hardware department lost all the old guys who knew how to use all the tools they sold and were replaced by clueless kids that couldn't tell you the difference between a box end and a ratchet.

User Tag List