Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: With Sears declaring bankruptcy ....

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    "You see that bed over there in the corner? That's a fine old bed and it's worth a lot of money. That bed goes back to Louie the Fourteenth."
    "We got one over at the house that goes back to Sears Roebuck on the fifteenth."

(Stolen from Grandpa Jones)

Sears and their catalog was Amazon before the Internet. As a youngster I used to sit around with my grandmother circling things and talking about the items we'd like to have. She called them "wish books" and it seems silly in the days of nearly endless media options how many hours of entertainment we got out of browsing those mail order catalogs.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    TGS, these guns won't explode in value. One reason is the vast numbers made. Another is that Mossberg, Savage, Stevens, and Hi--Standard made the vast majority. Though good guns, they were not Remingtons or Winchesters. The Hi-Standard offerings were all very good. The double barrel shotguns made by Savage/Stevens today have value but those stamped with store brands may be worth less. J.C. Penny once sold a very fine Huskvarna Mauser action rifle stamped with its store brand. Recently I passed up a 99% specimen priced at less than $500. Were I younger, I would have bought it for the action. But, in this
    market, I would have been stuck with it.
    Last edited by willie; 10-17-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    When I was teaching Intro Psych and doing the sexuality chapter, I had some illustrations of the Sears catalog section on anti-masturbation gear for your teenager. It looked like the rack from the Spanish Inquisition. Strange things in that catalog.

About guns in stores, I remember as a kid when the Macy's on Flatbush Avenue had barrels of surplus military rifles in the sporting goods section in the basement. Not now, I think.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    As a youngster I used to sit around with my grandmother circling things and talking about the items we'd like to have. She called them "wish books" and it seems silly in the days of nearly endless media options how many hours of entertainment we got out of browsing those mail order catalogs.
    Well, FWIW, Sears also called them "wish books."

http://www.wishbookweb.com/the-catalogs/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve got a nine shot 22LR JC Higgins revolver my Dad gave me IIRC his Dad gave to him.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List