Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex IWB #2

JM Custom Kydex IWB #2

I am looking for a new holster for my glocks. I am a big fan of JMCK, I have a AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 and a IWB 3. I am continuing to tinker so I am interested in giving the IWB #2 a try, primarily because it has a wider distribution of weight and looks to rotate the grip into the body more than the IWB 3. Does anyone have any experience with the IWB #2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    I am looking for a new holster for my glocks. I am a big fan of JMCK, I have a AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 and a IWB 3. I am continuing to tinker so I am interested in giving the IWB #2 a try, primarily because it has a wider distribution of weight and looks to rotate the grip into the body more than the IWB 3. Does anyone have any experience with the IWB #2?

I have a G19 sized one. I like it and it concealed well for me, for reference I’m 6’1” and about 175lbs. The only reason I don’t use it much any more is a started carrying AIWB with a Beretta PX4CC. I have tried a friends IWB #3 for a G19 and it printed more for me, the #2 has a flatter profile and concealed better compared to the #3.

I carry a 17, 19, and 26 in the 2.0. It replaced my Eidolon as main. The claw is adjustable and the wedge is firm with a little give. I use PDT loops.

I talked to Tony today, I think I am going to give the IWB 2 a try.

I ordered the holster, so I will report back in about 6 weeks when I get it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jamautry View Post
    I ordered the holster, so I will report back in about 6 weeks when I get it.

@jamautry - I'm curious if you've received your JMCK IWB#2 and had any time to evaluate it. I'm in the exact same position as you, considering purchasing the IWB#2 for a G19 for the same reasons.

Anyone else have any feedback on this holster? I'm looking to get one with custom 0/5/10 degree cant adjustments, and wear it at 3 o'clock. Thanks!

Chris
    Last edited by Chris17404; 12-01-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    I have a few of them. They are my favorite IWB holster. I've carried full size guns with mounted lights in them for years. That being said, they are no longer available in light bearing form.

I received the holster on Monday. I ordered it with 0/5/10 cant. I have worn it all week. The pros, it is very comfortable, very secure, and does distribute the weight on my belt better than the IWB 3. The cons, it has a higher ride than the IWB 3 which is great for drawing but makes it far less concealable than I would like. In addition the holster doesn't rotate the grip back into my body like I want.

While I was waiting for the IWB 2 holster to be made I bought a mod wing for my AIWB 2.5 and adjusted the screw spacing to give it a cant and tried that holster at 9:00 (I am left-handed). This is my favorite way to carry at the moment, I wish it had the belt loop spacing of the IWB 2. Maybe Tony will consider making such a holster.

For reference I am 6'4" 300lbs.

It's has been a couple of weeks now and I have worn the holster everyday over that time. I did adjust the cant to 10 degrees and that solved the concealibilty issue. I have also found the sweet spot on my waist for it. So after spending the extra time with it I say it is a win and glad I got it.

User Tag List