Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers and Armed Equality (2 minute video)

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    It just happens that densely populated areas have the most violence, hence the most gun violence, and are also most likely to be democrat held regions or lean that way.
    Do people who vote Democrat move to densely populated areas? Or does living in a densely populated area make one more likely to vote Democrat?
    Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    Do people who vote Democrat move to densely populated areas? Or does living in a densely populated area make one more likely to vote Democrat?
    Definitely the latter.

EDIT: or more likely both.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pangloss; 10-15-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Or that 2A advocates have traditionally been hostile to these groups.
    That may be considering the WRSA article. But generally speaking, I don't think that is the case.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I found this video (omitted), whose readership had a conniption in response to Larry's answer.

While I remember the Pink Pistols movement from the early 2000s, I had never heard of Armed Equality until now.
    I rather clearly recall making a similar recommendation at a Board of Directors meeting at my local (large) outdoor range that is a 501c(4) devoted to “training”.

The reaction was exactly what you would expect from a bunch of old white dudes.

I now live in the South, by choice. My life experience is considerably more diverse from the norm here - what doesn’t even get my attention pprently threatens others that live their lives surrounded by people ‘just like them’.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Site Supporter
    Or that 2A advocates have traditionally been hostile to these groups.
    Not sure that I agree.
    I think 2A advocates are, reasonably, hostile towards people who want to take away their rights or impose useless restrictions on legal ownership and activities.
    But if a guy dressed as a woman wants to learn to shoot for self defense, that's a good thing. Always has been in my world.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The last research on it that I remember reading is at least 7 years old, but I distinctly remember both of those factors holding statistical significance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Women, minorities, LGBT
    I started teaching CCW classes earlier this year and so far a good majority of my students have been in one or more of the above categories, and that's in southwestern WV which is about as backwards as a place can get.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    I started teaching CCW classes earlier this year and so far a good majority of my students have been in one or more of the above categories, and that's in southwestern WV which is about as backwards as a place can get.
    On the one hand, I'm heartened to hear it; on the other hand, I'm concerned that many in said groups are likely seeking out instruction for fear of being targeted for violence specifically for their appearance/behavior.

Off topic. Perhaps I have been out of the loop. Looks like Vickers has trimmed down quite a bit. Good for him.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    On the one hand, I'm heartened to hear it; on the other hand, I'm concerned that many in said groups are likely seeking out instruction for fear of being targeted for violence specifically for their appearance/behavior.
    If it turns out they were correct, it makes for a prudent decision on their part.

If the fear turns out to be unjustified, (but they are levelheaded and reasonable), then no harm is done by their having decided to take responsibility for their own safety (and the safety of loved ones).

On the other hand, if they live in fear and are looking for a talisman to protect them from an imaginary boogieman, then the odds of tragic consequences go up, imho.

Everyone who carries a firearm does so because of the possible necessity of having to use it. In that sense they're no different from any other American exercising their 2A rights.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List