Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers and Armed Equality (2 minute video)

Larry Vickers and Armed Equality (2 minute video)

Q: Do you believe the 2A community should be reaching out to non-traditional demographics, LGBT, etc.?

Larry Vickers: Absolutely. To survive, you're going to have to do that.

Watch the whole video below, 2 minutes long, for Larry's full answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqQsnK390nw

Larry Vickers on inclusivity reform within the Second Amendment Community

Armed Equality
    Published on Oct 5, 2018

Last night I was honored to spend some time with a Second Amendment Community legend Larry Vickers.

As you might expect I spoke to him about Armed Equality and of course asked for his expert opinion on the topic of reform within the greater Second Amendment Community at large.

I have to say I was quite thankful for his answer.

Special thank you to San Diego County Gun Owners and Gunfighter Tactical for hosting this social and an extra special thank you to Larry Vickers for everything he has done and continues to do for our nation.
    I found this video via Western Rifle Shooters Association, whose readership had a conniption in response to Larry's answer.

While I remember the Pink Pistols movement from the early 2000s, I had never heard of Armed Equality until now.
    Last edited by BCG; 10-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    If you start with the premise that non-traditional-gun-people want to learn for their own self defense, of course Vickers is correct.
    If you start with the premise that non-traditional-gun-people want to learn so they can kill you or take away your rights, then you're this guy (linked from the OP's WRSA article).
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Women, minorities, LGBT, and young people are the future of the Second Amendment in this country. If we can't win these groups over, gun rights in this country will be gone within another generation or two.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Absolutely people outside the stereotypical OFWG group should be included in anything and everything 2A. The 2A is a right to self-defense issue and that, by it’s very nature, is all inclusive regardless of what you are. “Guns” by our modern interpretation just so happens to be our state of the art incarnation of “arms” as defined by the 2A. Unfortunately “guns” have a cultural stigma that blinds people to what’s really going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an interesting conversation with my sister in law (brother's wife) earlier this year. She was a rabid Bernie supporter, took my neice with her to "not my president" protests, etc.

She wanted to talk to me about guns. Which wasn't my first choice.

Turns out, she so strongly feels that the Dems cheated Bernie that she now doesn't trust them or the Repubs, and she feels she might need a gun.

I decided to change the subject as I wasn't exactly sure where she was headed with that.

I think Larry is right on point. All Americans have the right to keep and bear arms.

The confusion comes from the fact that these groups are traditionally hostile to the 2A. Many would hear that an LGBT advocate wants to buy a gun and learn how to defend themselves and immediately think they have ulterior motives. They may also think that by allowing them into the 2A fold, that they are condoning their lifestyle choices.

But none of that has anything to do with the 2A. We should be embracing their interest in the 2A community as fellow Americans and make sure to gently steer them in the right direction to get them quality instruction and gear so that they have a pleasant experience, just as we would do with any "traditional" 2A supporter. Shunning a group away from a pleasant 2A experience and failure for the 2A as an American right.

I remember Nuggent talking about owning a pink AK to use when he would go shooting with his LGBT friends. Sounds like he gets it.

Now...Antifa folks? That might be a different story.
    Last edited by Irelander; 10-15-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Looks like I just missed the edit window. I never understood how gun rights became a partisan issue because self defense is a civil/human/natural right that applies to everyone. I think both parties should be champions of gun rights. People on every part of the political spectrum are done a disservice by gun rights being automatically associated with Republicans/Conservatives/The Right/etc. Democrats have the same natural right to protect their lives and families as Republicans and I've met more than one pro Second Amendment Dem voter. I take any opportunity I can to show gun ownership in a positive light to anyone I interact with if the topic comes up.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    I had never heard of Armed Equality until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    If you start with the premise that non-traditional-gun-people want to learn for their own self defense, of course Vickers is correct.
    If you start with the premise that non-traditional-gun-people want to learn so they can kill you or take away your rights, then you're this guy (linked from the OP's WRSA article).
    Based on a quick search, Armed Equality -- whom Vickers was addressing -- seems more like Pink Pistols, rather than Antifa or Guerrilla Mainframe.
    Yippee ki-yay

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    The confusion comes from the fact that these groups are traditionally hostile to the 2A.
    Or that 2A advocates have traditionally been hostile to these groups.
    Last edited by BCG; 10-15-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Yippee ki-yay

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Looks like I just missed the edit window. I never understood how gun rights became a partisan issue because self defense is a civil/human/natural right that applies to everyone. I think both parties should be champions of gun rights. People on every part of the political spectrum are done a disservice by gun rights being automatically associated with Republicans/Conservatives/The Right/etc. Democrats have the same natural right to protect their lives and families as Republicans and I've met more than one pro Second Amendment Dem voter. I take any opportunity I can to show gun ownership in a positive light to anyone I interact with if the topic comes up.
    It became a true partisan issue once the propaganda machine started convincing people that the object was the problem, and prohibition was the solution.

It just happens that densely populated areas have the most violence, hence the most gun violence, and are also most likely to be democrat held regions or lean that way.

I try really hard not to blame those that have been fed a line shit for believing it. Lots of people grow up in areas where guns are associated with only death and mayhem. It would be easy in that situation to believe that the tool is the biggest part of the problem, instead of just an exacerbating factor, especially when the people that are supposed to be advocating for you are telling you that’s the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List