Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It’s Snowing

It's colder in Albuquerque right now than it was when I left Chicago this morning. I'm not into it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    It's been raining here since the drought broke back in.... seems like August...

The pool is overflowing, the grass is drowned, several trees in the front yard need to be staked up to keep from falling over in the slushy soil. And it's only 43'F.

I called Noah today and asked him to bring his boat over.

My wife is down in Taylor TX right now to move her sister back to Michigan (she's originally from there). She said there is about 3 inches of rain in the yard. Pretty hard to move when it's like that.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    It has been, ummm, "flurrying" here too...

From the front porch just now:

Beautiful...... Name:  right_on.gif
Views: 156
Size:  154 Bytes Last week got the sled already for winter. Only thing I need to do it send the shocks out to get serviced, then I'll be ready. Bring it on !!!

Name:  revinmotion.gif
Views: 153
Size:  9.9 KB
    Last edited by rv245; 10-16-2018 at 06:38 PM.

High of 96° today in Safety Harbor. Pretty sure we set a record.

Site Supporter
    It was in the low 90s on Sunday afternoon here in Austin as i was setting up the smoker. Monday it was in the mid 40s. Thats pretty abrupt even for central Texas. My wife was saying the prevous record low was in the low 60s. I like the cooler temperatures but combined with the rain not so much...

Regarding the rains - they've had to open the floodgates of the upper highland lakes. As a result lake Travis rose around 20' since midnight. Thats a whole lot of water.

77 in Western WA today. The afternoon sun coming through the windows of my office made me turn on the AC for a little bit.

It's back in the 60's for the rest of the week, so Old Man Winter was just seeing if we were awake.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    77 in Western WA today. The afternoon sun coming through the windows of my office made me turn on the AC for a little bit.
    I know.
    I was like "WTF IS THIS? WHAT IS THAT THING IN THE SKY?! AM I BACK IN FLORIDA?"
    The horror, the horror...

The fact that I work graveyard shift and am trying to sleep through it makes it worse.)
    Last edited by Drang; 10-17-2018 at 03:31 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I've had 6 overnight snowstorms so far in September and October. 2 inches on the ground in the morning and gone by 3 PM.

WE went from Summer to late fall with no delay.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Currently 67 and sunny. It's going to be a glorious evening at the range. Work can not end early enough. My feel like a grade school kid with spring fever.

Site Supporter
    Checking in from the SoCal beach area. Currently 76 and sunny, like every other day of the year [emoji41]

User Tag List