Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It’s Snowing

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Reached 80 last week, today it's 35.

My daughter said, "Go home, Wisconsin, you're drunk."
    More or less the same here in Chi, since Chi is basically southern Wisconsin (I wish that were actually true...then we'd have reasonable gun laws and hills to enjoy...)

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    In south central Kansas. On October 14th. What the heck? That is all. Carry on.
    It's supposed to be the hardest winter we've had in twenty years. I may have picked the right year to retire.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

St Paul, Minnesota.
    Snowed for two hours, nice big flakes, nothing stuck with the warm ground. Melted off in less than 3 hours.
    Totally gobsmacked the hound, though.
    This might be a tough winter...okay by me, so long as it's not still snowing in *May*.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Name:  E9681371-86FA-46B7-BA40-88BA27D2321B.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  49.6 KB

I was told that my Air Force career would consist of sitting behind desks, typing, and being waited on hand and foot by Filipino servants.

I was lied to.

We have a new grad student from Ethiopia, he is really nice, but poor guy is freezing his ass off and it's 41 currently. He's sitting in his office with his coat on and hood up, shivering. And I'm like, "Dude...it's about to get a whole lot colder...you're going to need...a lot of new clothing and layers." I'm afraid I may come in one day and find him hugging the radiator and coffee pot simultaneously.

We're working to get him sorted out, but he's having some culture and environment shock and there is a bit of a language barrier too (he's still learning English, really). I'm trying to find him another Ethiopian student who has been here a bit to help translate the culture and environmental shock. I can't imagine coming from east Africa to fucking Chicago. It was hard enough coming from Texas to here.

Site Supporter
    It's been raining here since the drought broke back in.... seems like August...

The pool is overflowing, the grass is drowned, several trees in the front yard need to be staked up to keep from falling over in the slushy soil. And it's only 43'F.

I called Noah today and asked him to bring his boat over.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 10-15-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Flurries on and on today

I am not amused

It has been, ummm, "flurrying" here too...

From the front porch just now:

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    More or less the same here in Chi, since Chi is basically southern Wisconsin (I wish that were actually true...then we'd have reasonable gun laws and hills to enjoy...)
    You know it would work the other way around, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    We have a new grad student from Ethiopia, he is really nice, but poor guy is freezing his ass off and it's 41 currently. He's sitting in his office with his coat on and hood up, shivering. And I'm like, "Dude...it's about to get a whole lot colder...you're going to need...a lot of new clothing and layers." I'm afraid I may come in one day and find him hugging the radiator and coffee pot simultaneously.

We're working to get him sorted out, but he's having some culture and environment shock and there is a bit of a language barrier too (he's still learning English, really). I'm trying to find him another Ethiopian student who has been here a bit to help translate the culture and environmental shock. I can't imagine coming from east Africa to fucking Chicago. It was hard enough coming from Texas to here.
    You may have hit on the reason all those Somali refugees in Minnesnowta go bad...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

It’s snowing up north in Flagstaff. Chilly and windy in the Valley.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List