Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4 Hitting Left of POA (and it's not me!)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If the RMR is your primary sighting system I would just adjust it and drive on. That is one of the beauties of the RMR.

If it is still bugging you try a locking block since they are cheap and easy to swap.

If the irons are BUIS to the RMR zero them with the RMR in place but off. Forget about correlating them with the dot.
    That's pretty much what I had in mind. In retrospect, I don't think I ever actually bothered zeroing the BUIS; I had the plastic placeholders on until the RM06 was installed and dropped on suppressor sights afterwards, aligning them to the dot. I'll verify zero with the RMR off next outing. I might just be overthinking it; there's a part of me that's been saying "just zero the RMR so you're hitting dead on and move on," but I always worried it was a band-aid solution for a user-induced issue. These days it's a bit of that and a bit of "what if this is actually a mechanical problem with the gun?", but I guess if I'm shooting other Glocks fine there's no harm in adjusting the sights to accomodate this one's quirks.

That said, I'll still probably pick up a locking block at some point to try out and just to have as a spare. Still very curious as to whether or not a light striker safety will improve the feel of the takeup and make it more akin to the Gen 5 as well, but I'm having trouble finding anything really conclusive on that front.

I “laugh” because I had a Glock 43 that shot 7” left at 10 yds.

But let me backtrack. I noticed the sights were off to the right when I purchased the pistol. (RE-READ THAT!!)

When I put the Trijicon HD sights on it I CENTERED them. (RE-READ THAT, TOO!!)

When that was done the pistol consistently shot tight groups LEFT of point of aim.

“Everyone” said it was me.

I knew better.

I let Super Dave Harrington shoot the 43 and he commented on how off it was and he asked if he could drift the rear. I gave him the okay.

The rear sight was back where it was when I bought that pistol: way off to the right.

So... I bought another that had the rear sights more or less CENTERED. (RE-READ THAT...)

The pistol shot maybe 1” LEFT of target at 10 yards.

So I did a little experimentation.

I purchased identical sights and centered the rear on pistol #2. It shot 1/2” left of POA at 10 yds from a rest. Pistol #1 was 5.5” left of POA from a rest.

So I swapped barrels.

Same.

Reinstalled barrels to original position and swapped slides.

Same.

Reinstalled slides to original lowers then swapped uppers.

Same.

It was the pistol.

Many “who just knew better” refused to believe it could be offered me money on the “defective pistol” and with full disclosure and brickhead purchased it. He’s local and he no longer jumps in when he’s around and I tell people to CAREFULLY inspect Glocks (rear sight location) when you purchase them. They don’t seem to be able to be drifted if you expect the pistol to shoot point of aim. I think the pistols sights may be zeroed and fired for confirmation. Maybe not. Maybe I got a weird one.

Either way, *I* carefully check the sights of Glocks as well as CZs (they have targets inside the box which is awesome).

Your Mileage May Vary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List