Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ruger Custom Shop 1911

I'd like to get my hands on one. It really is the closest thing to my ideal USPSA set up I can get without getting something custom. Add on Ruger's history of actually honoring their warranty and customer service, and I think it's a decent deal.

If it is fit like they describe.

Would just hate to order it in and find out it is just a decorated SR1911 for $1200 more...

My hope is to find a dusty one in a gunshop locally and make an offer.

My guess (my hope actually) is Ruger will make a non-logo gun that's more or less the same thing but with a price closer to a Grand. More of a standard gun as opposed to a custom shop item. Hopefully this theoretical pistol with still have the tight fit, chexkering, etc.

I assume a 45 ACP version can't be too far behind since it would be ready to run in CDP and Single Stack.

Maybe we'll see some of this stuff announced at SHOT?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The pistol is likely built well. But LOTS of folk have bought into the idea that you can't get a good 1911 under two grand, so what's a manufacturer to do? Price your pistol over two grand.

re: Sig Max

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Maybe the 9mm was a limited run or something.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Actually, they are only making them in 9mm and .45 now. The website hasn't been updated. The .40 model was discontinued, which is too bad because it was the right caliber for USPSA SS. Good thing I have two.

I think I would send my money towards Wesson, looks like the Single Stack Classic is back on the menu for now and would be a great single stack platform in 9 or .40

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/da...ctory-9mm.html

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    I think I would send my money towards Wesson, looks like the Single Stack Classic is back on the menu for now and would be a great single stack platform in 9 or .40

Cool. I kinda have an itch for a .40 1911. I briefly had a stainless Springfield 1911 in .40. It was the most accurate shooting gun in my hands that I've ever had, along with my P7M13. But it was malfunctioning a lot and in my less patient youth I rage quit the thing. I've always regretted not giving Springfield a chance to make it work right, and I'm curious if another 1911 in .40 would shoot as well for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Cool. I kinda have an itch for a .40 1911.
    I have always wanted a 10mm pistol, but really cannot get my brain wrapped around getting something just because I want to screw around with it. But now Ruger has the 10mm SR1911, and I have a bunch of .40 ammo, so I am thinking about getting a 10mm and a .40 barrel. But the list of things I am "thinking about" is a pretty long list...

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post

I am slowly looking at 9mm USPSA 1911's and the SSC is in there. I'd get a dawson or techwell for it anyway, so it isn't any cheaper. Really for the money I think I'd just get a PM-9. With the 3-400 I'd save it could be set up the way I want. Neither have the undercut trigger guard the Ruger has. The PM-9 has the rib which I kind of don't like, but no big deal.

User Tag List