Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Custom Shop 1911

didn't see it on the website.

found it:

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-max-full-size.html

40 or 45 only, no 9mm version.

$1663.

very close in price to the Colt Gold Cup (1699).

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/1911-max-full-size.html

40 or 45 only, no 9mm version.

$1663.
    Maybe the 9mm was a limited run or something.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Several SIG models on gunbroker currently for $1400.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/785421242

Site Supporter
    Colt's new Custom Competition Pistol, which is hand fitted and contains no cast or MIM parts, can be had for around $2300. Perhaps that's what this is meant to compete with, though Colt's offering looks a little more traditional.

I commend Ruger for doing something new though. I didn't even know they had a custom shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Colt's new Custom Competition Pistol, which is hand fitted and contains no cast or MIM parts, can be had for around $2300. Perhaps that's what this is meant to compete with, though Colt's offering looks a little more traditional.

I commend Ruger for doing something new though. I didn't even know they had a custom shop.
    Do you have a link to the Colt?

As far as the Ruger, $2500 is too steep. Be interesting to see what it really sells for though. If it was under $1800 I don't think it's that bad of a deal.

For a PM-9 I replace grips, add magwell, replace mag release, safety, trigger and front sight.

Depending on what front sight this has, I maybe would only replace the trigger and mag release. The Koenig hammer and EGW sear trigger kits seem to be well regarded. It may have a better trigger than the PM-9. The high cut under the trigger guard is nice, and not available on the PM-9.

Maybe they'll come out with one without the challenge coin/cloth/case etc that's a little cheaper.

Where do they get this stuff?
    "This SR1911... competition barrel features... unique 1:16" slow twist to increase accuracy with lighter weight match bullets."
    It isn't unique, it isn't slow, and it does just fine with the heaviest bullet you can get.
    What it is, is an embarrassment to the NRA to engage in ignorant flackery.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What's the going price on the SIG Max Michel? That's probably the closest competitor I would think.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Sub 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Where do they get this stuff?
    "This SR1911... competition barrel features... unique 1:16" slow twist to increase accuracy with lighter weight match bullets."
    It isn't unique, it isn't slow, and it does just fine with the heaviest bullet you can get.
    What it is, is an embarrassment to the NRA to engage in ignorant flackery.
    Most expert and master level shooters run heavy bullets. Not light ones. 147 grain and up for 9mm.

I do, even though I am at the bottom of IDPA Expert these days. And my 1:16 barrels shoot well.

But USPSA Open gunners shoot the light bullets whose big powder charges power compensators.
    The only active PPC shooter I know uses light bullets in the auto Divisions.
    I think they are usual in NRA.
    And with really slow twists like 1:32.

But my point is that the author is inexperienced at best. Which is a shame upon the American Rifleman which used to be a moderately technical publication.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List