Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Custom Shop 1911

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    But my point is that the author is inexperienced at best. Which is a shame upon the American Rifleman which used to be a moderately technical publication.
    The American Rifleman piece is more of a detailed press release rather than a review.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    Do you have a link to the Colt?
    Here's one on Gunbroker: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788212944

This might be one of those things they are really are not that interested in selling many of.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This might be one of those things they are really are not that interested in selling many of.
    Yeah. I wonder how many they expect to sell. This might be an interesting shift for Ruger who I'm sure is used to doing things on a maximum volume for maximum profit kind of thing. Not that that's a bad way to run a company it hasn't been their usual modus operandi.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    only two 10 round magazines? ship with 3, so you can compete on day one.
    Depends on what mags it ships with. I’ve had 4 9mm 1911s (still have 2), and I never used the mags they came with, including my Smith that came with Wilson’s.
    Last edited by Bucky; 10-16-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yeah. I wonder how many they expect to sell.
    I figure they want Koenig shooting a "Commercial Off The Shelf" product that "anyone" can go into a store and buy. They seem to have sourced a few parts that they typically would build, plugged them in at a profit, and if they build Qty100 and their team takes twenty of them they did what they wanted to, including create some www chatter. I say this is like the L-88 Corvette, they don't really expect people to buy many of them. Keep a watch for a future Distributor Exclusive with many of the same features without the expensive purchased components. But all this is just the internet chatter of a gun nut nobody
    Last edited by mmc45414; 10-16-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I figure they want Koenig shooting a "Commercial Off The Shelf" product that "anyone" can go into a store and buy. They seem to have sourced a few parts that they typically would build, plugged them in at a profit, and if they build Qty100 and their team takes twenty of them they did what they wanted to, including create some www chatter. I say this is like the L-88 Corvette, they don't really expect people to buy many of them. Keep a watch for a future Distributor Exclusive with many of the same features without the expensive purchased components. But all this is just the internet chatter of a gun nut nobody
    That's probably 100% On Target, right there!

These are on gunbroker for $1800.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Thanks for linking the video. It helps explain what this pistol is and why.

User Tag List