Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK LEM -

HK LEM - Specific Drills?

The wife and I will be heading out to the range (outdoor) today to continue the break-in of her new P30sk. I have some cardboard IDPA targets, and was wondering if there were drills specific to shooting a LEM trigger. With DOT torture, there are SA, and DA versions, and the LEM is truly a hybrid, so I didn’t know if there were any particular drills that are recommended for becoming more proficient and comfortable with the LEM?
    ...and we don’t own a timer, but plan to get one.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 10-14-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Hopefully DB and GJM will post on this.

Site Supporter
    Try some runs with “The Test” or “Super Test,” in order to work on trigger control with the LEM. These drills will help you find your rhythm with the LEM trigger.

The Bill Drill will allow you to find your max speed with the LEM trigger, and it wouldn’t hurt to run it anywhere from 3-15 yards.

The Walkback Drill using 3x5 cards will be helpful with trigger control as well. Try these and see how it goes. Good luck and enjoy the new HK.

I may not be the right guy to respond.

Some of you know I shoot many different guns right out of the box in shooting competitions.
    I check, lube, load and shoot them. The LEM's while different only require the same technique (for me)
    as all other triggers do...just pull it till it breaks and do so with the least amount of sight movement as possible
    for the shot I am taking.

No matter the level of precision required, I still pull any trigger straight back and let it break.
    My eyes work with my hands to keep the sights close to where they need to be (for the precision required) during this time.

Speed shooting is just the same process only faster.

Shooting is really simple. Driving a car? In the drivers seat there is a LOT more going on at the same time than breaking
    a shot, yet...we all feel we have mastered that skill (even if we are wrong).
    Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Hammertime

HK LEM -

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    The wife and I will be heading out to the range (outdoor) today to continue the break-in of her new P30sk. I have some cardboard IDPA targets, and was wondering if there were drills specific to shooting a LEM trigger. With DOT torture, there are SA, and DA versions, and the LEM is truly a hybrid, so I didn’t know if there were any particular drills that are recommended for becoming more proficient and comfortable with the LEM?
    ...and we don’t own a timer, but plan to get one.

Thanks.
    Use the standard, not DA/SA version of Dot Torture.

Practice shooting it in strings of fire as that is where many struggle with the LEM.

I don’t know why I find the LEM unpleasant to shoot. It works just like any other trigger: hold gun still, pull til it goes off, but dang I much prefer almost anything else, including a heavy DAO trigger.

I have been mulling getting rid of all LEM guns simply because I find them unpleasant while still finding them mechanically interesting.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-14-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Isolate the trigger and be patient while you do so.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  648EB4CB-4798-4356-A37A-5B6D7FAD8B0E.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  27.8 KB

I divided the chest A zone into two 5.5” squares, to replicate a B8, then drew a 6” circle below that, and will apply the standards from ‘The Test’ to it, and see how it goes.

Enel, the DOT torture was one I was wondering about...whether people would say use the DA or Striker fire version. I'll bring some Dot Torture targets, and give it a shot, the worst that can happen is that we suck at it...
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 10-14-2018 at 10:38 AM.

I don't think of it as some specific lem drills but some specific challenges that lem presented to me.
    The first one was first shot at speed when going through all that take up at speed and then hitting a wall induced a ton of anticipation. Doing a lot of draws and figuring what I needed to do was the solution.
    The second issue was working trigger in reset, with absolutely no forgiveness for losing a contract with trigger face and absolutely no help from gun in stopping the trigger return. Lots of strings and bill drills and transitions helped here.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't think of it as some specific lem drills but some specific challenges that lem presented to me.
    The first one was first shot at speed when going through all that take up at speed and then hitting a wall induced a ton of anticipation. Doing a lot of draws and figuring what I needed to do was the solution.
    The second issue was working trigger in reset, with absolutely no forgiveness for losing a contract with trigger face and absolutely no help from gun in stopping the trigger return. Lots of strings and bill drills and transitions helped here.
    Although I am not certain I would classify YVK’s LEM triggers as LEM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Treat the LEM as a rowing motion. Meaning smooth and continuous. No staging, finish flat at the break. Add a laser in dryfire to see how your press effects the sights.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List