Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Did you follow up with them?
    Sent a e mail and never got a response. Left a phone message and got no response. Finally got the owner on the phone and he set it fit the optics he had. I told him it Did Not fit the optic when Interstate Guns tried to install it on a new Gen 5 G34 and Interstate showed me it would not work. The owner said he would refund my money and I never received the refund. I have been purchasing firearms and firearms products for a very long time and never posted about anything like this lack of service but I am ready to post it everywhere if I do not receive my refund. They kept their product and my money.
    Last edited by JBP55; 06-18-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Sent a e mail and never got a response. Left a phone message and got no response. Finally got the owner on the phone and he set it fit the optics he had. I told him it Did Not fit the optic when Interstate Guns tried to install it on a new Gen 5 G34 and Interstate showed me it would not work. The owner said he would refund my money and I never received the refund. I have been purchasing firearms and firearms products for a very long time and never posted about anything like this lack of service but I am ready to post it everywhere if I do not receive my refund. They kept their product and my money.
    No bueno.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

A few Pics

Here are some pics comparing the C&H Trijicon/Holosun V3 plate to the Glock OEM 02 Plate for Trijicon along with some RMR/Acro comparisons. I know I took a pic of the RMR on the C&H mount, but can't find it right now
    Name:  IMG_9248.jpg
Views: 1817
Size:  34.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_9249.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  27.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_9250.jpg
Views: 1775
Size:  30.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_9251.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  29.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_9252.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  63.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_9317.jpg
Views: 2361
Size:  33.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_9318.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  42.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_9319.jpg
Views: 1832
Size:  77.0 KB

Edited Close Up

I like the way the RMR fits the C&H Mount, and had to press the RMR into place, using hand strength only, which resulted in a soft but satisfying "snap" of the optic into place. I'm probably going to replace the RMR with an ACRO on this G19, and move the RMR to a PMM Comped P320, but for now this is my dryfire/training gun while the ACRO'd pistol is my carry gun.

Name:  IMG_9319.jpg
Views: 1801
Size:  51.2 KB
    Last edited by Grant P; 07-04-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    The CH PWS plate is advertised as being thicker and having more thread area. I would guess it probably NEEDS more thread area if it is just 6061 aluminum vs steel.

I did the v3 CHPWS RMR plate thing the other week.

Installed, got a great zero, and then noticed the plate was loose from the gun after 186 rounds (RMR was solid on the plate). Re-applied Vibra Tite and re-torqued the screws. So far 651 rounds since the re-install, including a 425-round session today, with no loss of zero or movement in the optic. I'm optimistic that it was just an improper install on my part.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    I recently swapped out my original C&H plates for their newer V3 plates. So far I have just over 1,000rds on the new V3 plate on my Gen5 G34 MOS.

Last week I attended a low-light vehicle tactics class with it. I ran it pretty hard during that class. Racked the RMR off of dozens of vehicle pillars and rear spoilers during one-handed malfunction clearance. It held up fine. Screws haven't backed out at all and its still rock solid.
    Nick,

Have you tried Rocksett vs Vibra-Tite? C&H plate still working good?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Nick,

Have you tried Rocksett vs Vibra-Tite? C&H plate still working good?
    Nope. VC-3 is the all I run on RMR screws. I don’t think Rocksett is suitable for PMO application due to how it needs to cure.

C&H V3 still going strong. Just wrapped up another 1500 rounds on the C&H over the past 5 days while testing my Trijicon SRO.

So, as I was tightening to 15 lb torque on the plate screw with Vic-3 I felt the bit slip. I’ve rounded one side of the hex. I also think I went overboard on the VC-3... Question is, do I just not worry about it now, and leave it alone unless the plate comes lose, or try to deal with it now? Ugh...

I’d do it over and make sure you’re using inch not foot pounds. Also use quality fastener bits.

User Tag List