Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I've got some parts on the way to mount up a loaned RMR to my 19.5 mos slide.

My first foray into the dot world....If I'm understanding it correctly I use the supplied glock screws with vibra tite to attach the plate to the slide, then use the trijicon kit screws to attach the rmr to the pistol again with vibra tite?

I'm mechanically inclined, I just want to be sure of the steps for a solid and reliable attempt out of the gate.

Thanks!
    The Trijicon screws will be too long and you'll likely impede the extractor plunger's movement if you use them. You need shorter screws

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    The Trijicon screws will be too long and you'll likely impede the extractor plunger's movement if you use them. You need shorter screws

I went off of the OP's recommendation and the trijicon kit he referenced via the part number as I'm installing an RMR on the MOS. Do you know the length of the screws I would need then?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 03-06-2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I went off of the OP's recommendation and the trijicon kit he referenced via the part number as I'm installing an RMR on the MOS. Do you know the length of the screws I would need then?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Sorry I missed Trijicon RMR mount kit, I thought you were referencing the screws that come with the RMR

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Make sure you use the BattleWerx RMR mounting screws and NOT the screws provided in the Trijicon Sealing plate kit for the Glock MOS. The Trijicon screws are just slightly too long and will protrude through the bottom of the C&H Precision adapter plate. The BattleWerx screws are the perfect length for the C&H plate install.
    Nick,
    Any updates on how the C&H plate is working? I just got an RMR and am figuring out on what/how I want to mount it to dip my toes into the RDS waters.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Nick,
    Any updates on how the C&H plate is working? I just got an RMR and am figuring out on what/how I want to mount it to dip my toes into the RDS waters.

I recently swapped out my original C&H plates for their newer V3 plates. So far I have just over 1,000rds on the new V3 plate on my Gen5 G34 MOS.

Last week I attended a low-light vehicle tactics class with it. I ran it pretty hard during that class. Racked the RMR off of dozens of vehicle pillars and rear spoilers during one-handed malfunction clearance. It held up fine. Screws haven't backed out at all and its still rock solid.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 04-10-2019 at 08:31 PM.

Site Supporter
    I recently swapped out my original C&H plates for their newer V3 plates. So far I have just over 1,000rds on the new V3 plate on my Gen5 G34 MOS.

Last week I attended a low-light vehicle tactics class with it. I ran it pretty hard during that class. Racked the RMR off of dozens of vehicle pillars and rear spoilers during one-handed malfunction clearance. It held up fine. Screws haven't backed out at all and its still rock solid.
    Thanks, I ordered one of the V3 plates. I think my plan is to get a pair of Gen5 G19 MOS's this week. I'll use the plate on one of them to start me off and get a some quality dry fire reps in while sending the other slide to Agency for the AOS cut. This will allow me to get some dot time in while the slide is with them for 8-10 weeks. Once that get's back i'll move the RMR to that slide and most likely send that one for the same treatment.

I ordered a CH plate for a Gen 5 G19MOS and it did not fit the optic. I called CH and left a message months ago and never heard back from them.

Great information. I have a question and it is probably a lil off topic. Anyone have issues with the Trijicon RMR, not the new version, but the 1st one with the dot going out and back on. I read that it was some connector that connects the battery????

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Great information. I have a question and it is probably a lil off topic. Anyone have issues with the Trijicon RMR, not the new version, but the 1st one with the dot going out and back on. I read that it was some connector that connects the battery????

Yeah, it’s a known issue with the type 1s. If you’re having issues, you can try sending it back and see if trijicon will replace with a type 2. Other options are electrical tape on the base of the slide, some have tried using silicon on the base of the slide, and then battle werx makes a plate which pushes the battery up for better contact.

I’d try option 1, seeing if trijicon will warranty, then the battle werx plate if not.

Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Two questions...

Are you using the RMR sealing plate? (I would say you should, if you are not)

Have you shimmed the battery with electrical tape or something similar? (You should, if you are not)

Cut out some little squares of electrical tape and put them on the plate side of the battery. I found some brands of batteries to be a LOT thinner than others - I ended up using Duracells to good effect.

Some folks also bend the little battery contact arm to make better contact but after applying the above measures I did not need to.
    "A man's character is his fate."

User Tag List