Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Make sure you use the BattleWerx RMR mounting screws and NOT the screws provided in the Trijicon Sealing plate kit for the Glock MOS. The Trijicon screws are just slightly too long and will protrude through the bottom of the C&H Precision adapter plate. The BattleWerx screws are the perfect length for the C&H plate install.

1) So with the Glock MOS plate, use the Trijcon screws because the Glock screws are too long and with the C&H plate use Battleworx screws because both the Glock and Trijicon screws ae too long for the C&H plate ?

2) Are you using a Trijicon or Battleworx sealing plate in conjunction with the C&H plate or is the C&H alone sufficient ?

Useful.

Thanks.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    1) So with the Glock MOS plate, use the Trijcon screws because the Glock screws are too long and with the C&H plate use Battleworx screws because both the Glock and Trijicon screws ae too long for the C&H plate ?

2) Are you using a Trijicon or Battleworx sealing plate in conjunction with the C&H plate or is the C&H alone sufficient ?
    Glock only provides screws to mount their MOS plates to the slide. What he’s talking about are the screws provided by Trijicon to mount the optic to the MOS plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The C&H plate showed up today. My take on it is great design but not a good material to use. Their made of aluminum. There is no way I will install this plate on my Glock 34. Mounting the RMR to an aluminum plate with 2 screws just doesn’t sit well with me. Never would have made the purchase had I known what they were made of. May actually take it to a machine shop to see if they can duplicate it out of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbpt View Post
    The C&H plate showed up today. My take on it is great design but not a good material to use. Their made of aluminum. There is no way I will install this plate on my Glock 34. Mounting the RMR to an aluminum plate with 2 screws just doesn’t sit well with me. Never would have made the purchase had I known what they were made of. May actually take it to a machine shop to see if they can duplicate it out of steel.
    What type of aluminum is it? That makes a huge difference on strength and durability. I sometimes prefer aluminum to steel depending on material.

They don’t say but I’m assuming it’s 7075. With the rmr using 2 small screws to mount aluminum is a poor material to screw into. I see it failing and the rmr flying off. If they would have made it out of steel it would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbpt View Post
    They don’t say but I’m assuming it’s 7075. With the rmr using 2 small screws to mount aluminum is a poor material to screw into. I see it failing and the rmr flying off. If they would have made it out of steel it would have been perfect.
    I don't know man, I have just over 4,000 rounds on one C&H plate that was mounted on two different Gen5 G34s. Hasn't flown away yet. I'll check it next time I change the battery to see if there's any potential issues.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 11-29-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Nick,

Any issues withe the C&H plate?

Gen 3 C&H Adaptor

It looks like C&H came out with a Version 3 plate to mount the RMR on an MOS gun. I'm going to pick a couple up an I'll post some pics. I think the plate in conjunction with Nick's suggestion of Vibratite in lieu of blue Loctite will make me feel better about the mounting.

I've got some parts on the way to mount up a loaned RMR to my 19.5 mos slide.

My first foray into the dot world....If I'm understanding it correctly I use the supplied glock screws with vibra tite to attach the plate to the slide, then use the trijicon kit screws to attach the rmr to the pistol again with vibra tite?

I'm mechanically inclined, I just want to be sure of the steps for a solid and reliable attempt out of the gate.

Thanks!
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List