Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Not sure where else to put this. Got an email from a student. He's a Canoe U grad (USNA) and a commercial pilot. Anyone with enough time on a Glock MOS pistol to opine on this?

Here's the student's question:

I am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
    It doesn't happen consistently-only twice in approximately 2k rounds. It is not loose - can not be moved by hand.
    Have you ever heard of this happening? Maybe the plate puts pressure on the strip of metal in front of the dovetail am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
    Maybe it is just the dovetail.

Thoughts? I finally got my hands on a MOS gun but it'll be a bit before I get enough rounds through it to have any thoughts.

eta: Type 2 RMR and the C&H precision V4 mil/leo plate.
    Interesting. I had my rear move to the left once - it’s a pressed in (i.e. not fitted) Ameriglo suppressor set on a 19.5 MOs with a C&H V3 and a RMR. I told myself if it happens again, I’ll wick some Loctite into the dovetail.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hopefully this is the right thread to ask this question. Scenario is an optic install for my Glock 48 non-MOS. I want to get it milled for a Holosun 507k.

I am seeing at least three options on what to do with the rear sight. Here is a set of options from a typical vendor (Battlewerx).

Name:  52E28AD5-216B-40BA-9FEB-A54A869C8186.jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  49.4 KB

Is there any obvious choice here? This will be for carry.

Based on what little I think I know (not a lot) the 507k optic body can serve as a rudimentary backup rear sight based on its shape. Since milling is a one-way trip, and I won’t (?) need a rear sight, I’m thinking option 3?
    Last edited by RJ; 03-13-2021 at 12:11 PM.
    "Don't f*** with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." --BehindBlueI's

User Tag List