Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

For those of you using the CHPWS plate for your MOS/Glock/RMR Type2 combos - are you using the Trijicon sealing plate as well? I wasn't able to get mine to fit over the bosses on the CHPWS plate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Newportl View Post
    For those of you using the CHPWS plate for your MOS/Glock/RMR Type2 combos - are you using the Trijicon sealing plate as well? I wasn't able to get mine to fit over the bosses on the CHPWS plate.
    No. Use one or the other. The CHPWS plate extends out the sides and seals the base of the RMR. CHPWS explains this in the YouTube video I linked up thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. Use one or the other. The CHPWS plate extends out the sides and seals the base of the RMR. CHPWS explains this in the YouTube video I linked up thread.
    Thanks! I thought I saw that piece of info somewhere, but couldn't find it.

I got everything mounted up per the OP's instructions. It's curing and off to the range tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a local source for the smaller bits, Home Depot has a DeWalt 9 pc bit set that includes the needed 5/64" and 1/16". The part number is DWA1HSMF9. These work fine with the Wheeler Engineering torque screwdriver.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-M...SMF9/309474861

New MOS Plate Option

Forward Controls Design has released their steel plate for the MOS system.

OPF-G, RMR

Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-09-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Interesting - the CHPWS V4 plate comes in two different polymer versions and one metal, and one of the polymer ones has a RMR guard. I think I like the idea... but want to think about it more. No live link yet, but there were pics and details in an email today. I’m currently using a V3 with no complaints, but having a front window protector could be beneficial.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"V4 plate giving you the ability to replace the mounting hardware without replacing the entire plate."

Are they implying that my V3 plate is going to come apart and need replacing whenever I need to replace my battery? I noticed the aluminum plate is marketed for le/mil. Can anyone chime in on the use of a polymer plate? I don't know of anyone else using a non metal MOS type plate.

I'll wait for my battery to die. Also by then forward controls will have one for holosuns.

CHPWS V4

CHPWS V4 just installed this on the G-19 MOS, seems solid and better designed then the Glock OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by bshnt2015 View Post
    CHPWS V4 just installed this on the G-19 MOS, seems solid and better designed then the Glock OEM.
    Any updates? Which version? I’m considering changing out my V3 for a V4 Defender to gain some lens protection.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Not sure where else to put this. Got an email from a student. He's a Canoe U grad (USNA) and a commercial pilot. Anyone with enough time on a Glock MOS pistol to opine on this?

Here's the student's question:

I am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
    It doesn't happen consistently-only twice in approximately 2k rounds. It is not loose - can not be moved by hand.
    Have you ever heard of this happening? Maybe the plate puts pressure on the strip of metal in front of the dovetail am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
    Maybe it is just the dovetail.

Thoughts? I finally got my hands on a MOS gun but it'll be a bit before I get enough rounds through it to have any thoughts.

eta: Type 2 RMR and the C&H precision V4 mil/leo plate.

User Tag List