Thread: Help with Aimpoint CompM5

Help with Aimpoint CompM5

Long story short. I have an Aimpoint CompM5 I bought on Black Friday on sale that I am just now getting around to. I mounted it the other day to set it up for an MPX. On/off switch is looser than normal, i.e. there is more play than any of my other units. There is also significant rattling from the back half of the battery compartment. It is not coming from anything I can see and believe it to be between the circuit board and spring I can see and the on/off switch. Given COVID and supply chain issues I know that CQ has been less than optimal with many other companies. I've never had this happen before and it is rather strange. I am concerned something important is loose. Sight turns on and is functional. Does anyone have any experience with this particular issue or is a pre indicator of an issue to come? If not that's fine but I didn't want to waste my time with CS or trying to send it back if there is nothing to be concerned about.

I distinctly recall my CompM5's brightness knob having a noticeable degree of slop; not home right now, so can't coonfinger it to confirm, but I'm fairly certain it's been a non-issue for me on that front.

However, I do not have any rattling that I've noticed when mounted and having a battery installed.

Site Supporter
    CompM4 and CompM5 have as a design that switch play. It's to allow users to "strike" the optic on with a slap instead of grasping the switch knob. If you need further assistance, contact me via PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

PM inbound Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I distinctly recall my CompM5's brightness knob having a noticeable degree of slop; not home right now, so can't coonfinger it to confirm, but I'm fairly certain it's been a non-issue for me on that front.

However, I do not have any rattling that I've noticed when mounted and having a battery installed.
    I know the slop is normal, I have two others and two T-2's and had multiple M4s'. The play doesn't really bother me it is just the fact that there is a little more play than others, that combined with the rattling in the back half of the compartment is the cause for concern. Thanks for the reply though. I forgot Mr. Dobbs was here and sent him a PM. Thank you folks.

User Tag List