Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

So the 507K was junk right out of the box. It would go into the highest setting on its own. Holosun did a great job and got me a replacement the same week. They got my return on a Tuesday and I had my replacement on that Saturday. These were the first 5 shots with the new 507K at 25 yards. 200 rounds so far and no issues.
    Name:  36E113CE-C78E-4722-BC84-79A43112FE6B.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  42.2 KB

I’ve just purchased a Gen 5 G19 MOS to use for work. The only authorized optics right now are the Trijicon RMR Type 2 and the Sig Romeo 1 Pro. I’m going to go with the RMR. My only other red dot on a handgun is a Holosun 507C direct milled to another Glock. Ive got a couple of questions since this is my first go around with the Glock MOS system.

I’ve narrowed down the plate to either the FCD one or the CHPWS V4. Is there any reason to choose one over the other? Are both equally sturdy and durable? I like the T post idea of the CHPWS plate. The costs seem comparable.

Policy requires suppressor height BUIS. They don’t have to be tritium night sights but can be if I choose. The only requirement is that they must clear the optic so you can get a sight picture but there’s no specific height requirement. I would prefer them to cowitness as low as possible while still clearing the window. Most of my Glock iron sights are Ameriglo but their suppressor height sights look like they’d be higher than I’d like. I see CHPWS markets a set they say has a very low cowitness. 10-8 Performance has a rear sight that looks like it barely clears and MOS mounted optic too. Dawson Precision also sells MOS compatible sights. Any suggestions here?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I’ve just purchased a Gen 5 G19 MOS to use for work. The only authorized optics right now are the Trijicon RMR Type 2 and the Sig Romeo 1 Pro. I’m going to go with the RMR. My only other red dot on a handgun is a Holosun 507C direct milled to another Glock. Ive got a couple of questions since this is my first go around with the Glock MOS system.

I’ve narrowed down the plate to either the FCD one or the CHPWS V4. Is there any reason to choose one over the other? Are both equally sturdy and durable? I like the T post idea of the CHPWS plate. The costs seem comparable.

Policy requires suppressor height BUIS. They don’t have to be tritium night sights but can be if I choose. The only requirement is that they must clear the optic so you can get a sight picture but there’s no specific height requirement. I would prefer them to cowitness as low as possible while still clearing the window. Most of my Glock iron sights are Ameriglo but their suppressor height sights look like they’d be higher than I’d like. I see CHPWS markets a set they say has a very low cowitness. 10-8 Performance has a rear sight that looks like it barely clears and MOS mounted optic too. Dawson Precision also sells MOS compatible sights. Any suggestions here?
    FWIW, FBI is using the CHPWS plate, along with a 10-8 rear sight and an Ameriglo front.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    FWIW, FBI is using the CHPWS plate, along with a 10-8 rear sight and an Ameriglo front.
    The MOS guns on our test program also used the CHPWS plate. Unfortunately it’s not (or not yet) specified in our new POW guide. They also don’t mention the fact that the screws that come with the armor are too long.

We are also authorized for slide milling but there are no detailed requirements other than the cut needs to be refinished with, if I recall correctly nitride or cerakote.

Site Supporter
    Double tap

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post

They used CHPWS during the field tests.

Re BUIS - I’ve had good luck with Dawson.

RMR: Dawson .335 Rear .330 Front
    SRO: Dawson .360 Rear .370 Front
    You can use the .335/.330 on the SRO, but your irons will barely be there and since the SRO has more window, the .360 has worked well.

This is Gen5 MOS with RMR/CHPWS and the above listed Dawsons.

Name:  FA5AB9D5-CF3B-4898-B67B-17643A1F8089.jpeg
Views: 1054
Size:  32.2 KB

Name:  EE34C891-B13B-4B53-B933-8CAF067FA876.jpeg
Views: 952
Size:  38.0 KB

This thread may be helpful:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-sights-setup

Thanks guys! This is why I ask here first. I’ll check out the thread @HCM linked. I’m now leaning towards the CHPWS plate. @GJM, I saw that you mentioned the CHPWS sights in another thread. How do you have that gun set up? What do you think of the sights?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    If you are mounting a Trijicon RMR you can just purchase the Trijicon brand AC32064 "RMR Mounting Kit For Glock MOS" which includes the proper length screws.
    The screws included with my AC32064 kit were still too long with gasket:

Name:  under.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  36.7 KB

They seem cheap with "crowns" and uneven bottoms. Underside of RMR attached to MOS plate, with gasket:

Name:  20220306_160701.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  26.9 KB

I filed the screws flat, assembled with Vibra-Tite VC3, let it set 24 hours, zeroed and shot 500 rounds. It's working.

But this seems far more annoying than it should be to mount a (the?) premium RDS to a (the?) premium RDS-ready pistol line.

User Tag List