Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Also I doubt you went over board on the Vc-3. It will break free fairly easily but it resists loosening from vibrations.

Thanks. Got it out, and redid it with Battlewerx screws that I had bought extra... Hopefully it holds. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbpt View Post
    Also I doubt you went over board on the Vc-3. It will break free fairly easily but it resists loosening from vibrations.

Hey GJM,

Where did you find these at?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Glock has new MOS installation instructions out.

Attachment 38159

Attachment 38160

Attachment 38161

My new BL 19.5 MOS finally here, and the C&H v3 plate and RMR are in hand. VC-3 is on order, it should be here Saturday. I did a quick test fit of the MOS plate and optic, but will not be shooting it until the threadlocker is in place. I also just ordered small bits for the Fatwrench that will work for these fasteners that should be here Saturday, they seem to be 5/64” and 1/16” but may be metric so I have both coming. I’m using the fasteners supplied by C&H.

Nick, do I apply the VC-3 to all four screws or just the ones mounting the plate to the slide?

Here it is ready for the threadlocker:

Name:  2E1287AA-5F03-4A3F-8BF3-64C5FCB8F76B.jpg
Views: 1565
Size:  101.9 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My new BL 19.5 MOS finally here, and the C&H v3 plate and RMR are in hand. VC-3 is on order, it should be here Saturday. I did a quick test fit of the MOS plate and optic, but will not be shooting it until the threadlocker is in place. I also just ordered small bits for the Fatwrench that will work for these fasteners that should be here Saturday, they seem to be 5/64” and 1/16” but may be metric so I have both coming. I’m using the fasteners supplied by C&H.

Nick, do I apply the VC-3 to all four screws or just the ones mounting the plate to the slide?

I used it on all the screws for the exact same setup as yours. When you figure out which small bits work for the FAT please add it here as i'd like to order them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

I’d us the vc3 on all the screws. That’s what I did on my mos 34 and haven’t had any issues

Well, crap. Amazon screwed up my order for the VC-3, it won’t be here until Monday (instead of today) - I expected to sight in the RMR tomorrow or Monday. I can’t find the stuff at retail - has anyone had luck finding it over the counter?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I used it on all the screws for the exact same setup as yours. When you figure out which small bits work for the FAT please add it here as i'd like to order them as well.
    The C&H hardware is not metric, this is the cheap set I bought for now. I’ll keep an eye out for quality 1/16” and 5/64” bits.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BXBWXW2
    Ken

I'll cross 2,000 rounds with the CHPWS v3 plate and an RMR07 Type 2 today. I'll do a brief write-up once it's done, but so far -- apart from an install error -- no issues and no zero loss.

What a pain in the ass.

I dry assembled everything a few days ago, and even torqued the RMR-to-plate fasteners to 10 inch/pounds using my brandy-dandy new Wheeler Fatwrench. The VC-3 arrived today, and the fasteners were frozen in place. One popped with a crack after turning the hex key into spiral art, but I had to drill the other out. No biggie, but these are fasteners that need to be pulled at every battery change.

The VC-3 is curing right now, but I also applied a dab of antiseize to the countersinks on both the mounting plate and the RMR. I’m certain it was friction between the fastener head and the countersink that caused the problem.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-12-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Ken

User Tag List