Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Not sure where else to put this. Got an email from a student. He's a Canoe U grad (USNA) and a commercial pilot. Anyone with enough time on a Glock MOS pistol to opine on this?

Here's the student's question:

I am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
    It doesn't happen consistently-only twice in approximately 2k rounds. It is not loose - can not be moved by hand.
    Have you ever heard of this happening? Maybe the plate puts pressure on the strip of metal in front of the dovetail am having a weird issue with my rear suppressor sight 'floating' to the left after shooting the pistol.
    Maybe it is just the dovetail.

Thoughts? I finally got my hands on a MOS gun but it'll be a bit before I get enough rounds through it to have any thoughts.

eta: Type 2 RMR and the C&H precision V4 mil/leo plate.
    Interesting. I had my rear move to the left once - it’s a pressed in (i.e. not fitted) Ameriglo suppressor set on a 19.5 MOs with a C&H V3 and a RMR. I told myself if it happens again, I’ll wick some Loctite into the dovetail.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hopefully this is the right thread to ask this question. Scenario is an optic install for my Glock 48 non-MOS. I want to get it milled for a Holosun 507k.

I am seeing at least three options on what to do with the rear sight. Here is a set of options from a typical vendor (Battlewerx).

Name:  52E28AD5-216B-40BA-9FEB-A54A869C8186.jpeg
Views: 971
Size:  49.4 KB

Is there any obvious choice here? This will be for carry.

Based on what little I think I know (not a lot) the 507k optic body can serve as a rudimentary backup rear sight based on its shape. Since milling is a one-way trip, and I won’t (?) need a rear sight, I’m thinking option 3?
    Last edited by RJ; 03-13-2021 at 01:11 PM.

I just ordered a Holosun 507C x2 for my first entry into dots. (Green in this case) it will go on a G19.5 Mos

Is there a cliff notes version of the best plate to buy and if I need anything else? Is the CHWPS still the best way to go?

Thanks in advance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    I just ordered a Holosun 507C x2 for my first entry into dots. (Green in this case) it will go on a G19.5 Mos

Is there a cliff notes version of the best plate to buy and if I need anything else? Is the CHWPS still the best way to go?

Thanks in advance.
    Yep. V4 Leo plate.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Since milling is a one-way trip, and I won’t (?) need a rear sight, I’m thinking option 3?
    I recommend option 1, since the k series can already have a low co-witness with regular height irons. You wont really lose anything keeping the stock iron on the rear. Just my 2 cents and through process I had on my 43. Even the stock plastic sights worked fine for a low co-witness with a slide milled for my 507k and my 48 mos. Personal preference though as always though maybe you dont need it.

New to MOS, having only done direct mill before, and have a couple questions:

1) Will the FCD RMR/SRO plate work with a 507Cx2? I know the lugs and bolt pattern are the same between Trij and Holosun, but not positive about body shape being compatible for the tightly fitted FCD plate.

2) Sight suggestions for low witness, assuming solid black. GL-429 or…?
    Last edited by DpdG; 09-10-2021 at 03:03 PM.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Glock MOS RDS install thread (What has worked for me)

I have a G5 G17 MOS collecting dust in the safe. I’m thinking it would be a good host for an Acro P-2. However, direct milling for the Acro seems better. Could/should I have the slide direct milled for the Acro? Or wait for aftermarket slides to be available? Any suggestions?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have a G5 G17 MOS collecting dust in the safe. I’m thinking it would be a good host for an Acro P-2. However, direct milling for the Acro seems better. Could/should I have the slide direct milled for the Acro? Or wait for aftermarket slides to be available? Any suggestions?
    I have not seen anyone milling an mos slide for the acro or 509t, as I believe the mos plate system has too much material missing to be useful. My understanding is that for a direct mill you need a standard slide as a canvas.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I have not seen anyone milling an mos slide for the acro or 509t, as I believe the mos plate system has too much material missing to be useful. My understanding is that for a direct mill you need a standard slide as a canvas.
    Thanks. I came to that conclusion as well, after some research. What I'd really like are specs for the height of the optic of an ACRO on a MOS plate vs. direct milling on a Glock slide.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Name:  310C93BB-176E-4216-B425-88009CFCD1A6.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  43.0 KBName:  ADB92424-AD0F-4E3B-9028-6C7894C27898.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  80.6 KBName:  D1DEC740-16B5-4F00-92EB-A02CBA79E015.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  28.2 KBName:  7DC20F04-CB67-47A5-99C3-DD2765774D6B.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  78.4 KB
    I milled off the rear lugs and shaved the front lugs down to .028”. Buffed it all down and coated the exposed metal with Duracoat. Then I had to cut the Holosun screws. The left side got cut to .400” and the right (extractor side) got cut to .395”. I also coated the exposed tips of the screws. I am really liking the sight picture with stock height sights. Now I’m just waiting on the rear sight Don over at Ameriglo suggested so there is no overhang.
    Also still looking for Black Oxide M4x.7x10mm Torx/Torx+ with a .250” head diameter stock screws which seem to be unicorns!

User Tag List