Thread: Recommended 12ga RDS

Recommended 12ga RDS?

Aside from anything Aimpoint (H1/T1/T2/M5/etc), looking for recommendations on a reliable RDS for semi-auto 12ga and later 870s. I looked but only saw discussions of Aimpoint & Trij - and if that's it that is fine.

Some years back I tried a Comp M4 but used the AR mount when I did it - and that didn't work for me. I'm interested in re-visiting the idea.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Erick Gelhaus; 10-13-2018 at 06:53 PM.

I've used an Aimpoint PRO in a Burris low 30mm scope ring on my Benelli Nova. It worked fine, although it would likely work better with a stock having a higher comb.

While I have used the RMR on 12 gauges, the closed emitter on the micro-Aimpoint, as well as the new Acro P1 is an advantage for an exposed long gun. I now run micro-Aimpoints on all my 870's and 1301's.

Name:  870 H1.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  69.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Micro Aimpoint seems to be - the rugged solution.

I’ve been very interested in the Holosuns that have a circle-dot reticle (65 moa circle, 2 moa dot) - https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...attery-hs503gu - But I’ve never gotten a straight answer on how useful the circle really is in shotgun shooting (just lots of claims). I’m also not sure how reliable this Holosun optic is.

Site Supporter
    With admittedly limited use, I’ve been pleased with my Trijicon MRO on my 1301T.
    I guess it sits a bit high, but for my build (long arms, long neck), it works well.
    I also appreciate the larger FOV that the 30mm objective lense provides.

I'm looking into the same type of setup so I'm interested as well. Do you have an idea of how you will be mounting your rds?

I've been hunting this year with a RMR and it needed a quick shake after I fell in a river.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    I'm looking into the same type of setup so I'm interested as well. Do you have an idea of how you will be mounting your rds?
    A bolted-on after-market rail on my 1301. Very likely the same idea with my 870s.

User Tag List