Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Custom Shop

Site Supporter
    A most significant component of revolver accuracy is the dimensional relationship between cylinder throats and forcing cone. Another is having a bore free of constrictions. A third is having chambers that have have the same inside diameter dimensions. Can or will the custom shop address these problems if such are presented? Ruger engineers certainly understand why excessive variation in these areas is undesirable. The casual buyer, gun shop employees, and many gunsmiths do not. Hopefully Ruger's new endeavor will meet our expectations and do more address cosmetic concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    A 3” GP100 with adjustable sights would be kinda snazzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have produced the Model 1708 from time to time-a 3” GP in .357 with adjustable sights. I think the 1751 is chambered in .38 Special.

With Ruger now dabbling in 1911s, I’d like to see them make a double stack, not 2011, 1911 Type gun.

I think it is nothing but good that they are at least making a try in the custom / competition market.

Over the past few years I have seen Ruger be very good about sponsoring matches and working on their quality. They are one of the few that make a PCC (the PC9) that is accessible, and honestly a terrific firearm that runs well and has a lot of options for entry PCC guys.

In addition this is a nice looking 1911. I would have no issue shooting this in IDPA ESP.

Quote Originally Posted by xray 99 View Post
    They have produced the Model 1708 from time to time-a 3” GP in .357 with adjustable sights. I think the 1751 is chambered in .38 Special.
    Why is that not a regular thing? It’s just like S&W not making 3” K-frames. This is why people aren’t buying more damn revolvers. More 3” K-frames and 1708s, less frame locks. How is this hard?

Why is that not a regular thing? It’s just like S&W not making 3” K-frames. This is why people aren’t buying more damn revolvers. More 3” K-frames and 1708s, less frame locks. How is this hard?

Because the actual consumer demand for 3 inch k-frames is almost non-existent; it feels like it’s a lot bigger to us because we’re enthusiasts, but enthusiasts rarely drive the bulk of market purchases except for niche companies.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Because the actual consumer demand for 3 inch k-frames is almost non-existent; it feels like it’s a lot bigger to us because we’re enthusiasts, but enthusiasts rarely drive the bulk of market purchases except for niche companies.
    So I guess the better question is: why is everyone else so bent on 4” or 2.5” revolvers?

More importantly, from a functionality standpoint, why don't all revolvers, with a barrel length over 3", have a full length ejection rod, like the SW Model 10 and 13??

User Tag List