Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dan Wesson Valor or Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The Valor hasn’t been considered their “flagship” gun in several years, since they brought the rest of their guns up to the same standards as the Valors.

Keith and I talked a good bit last week. He basically said it was time for the Valor to go. He told me that they may, eventually, introduce a new gun with similar features. He also left the door open for the Valors to return someday, but it won’t be anytime soon.

I had a custom VBOB in .38 Super built earlier this year for my dad. Turns out it would be one of the last custom VBOBs. They’ll still do custom CBOBs though. You may be able to get one spec’d out similar to a Valor, but they won’t call it a Valor.
    I didnt know that. I grew up just outside of Norwich, NY and was excited to own a slice of home before I left. My Valor is in 45 with the duty treat.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I have a duty treat Valor. It's the flagship for a reason.

Mine only has around 800 rounds fired, but it's always a joy to shoot. Fit and finish is great, no isses. Passes a 10-8 ejector test without issue. I perfer full thickness grips to the thins it ships with. I think its the best 1911 you can get before the price becomes higher than I can manage.

I grew up one town over from Norwich, NY. And i bought the pistol just before moving out of state. So some of it's sentimental I guess.

-Cory

I take it’s not for sale anymore? 😉

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    I take it’s not for sale anymore? 😉
    It's now the "If times get rough and I have to sell one" gun. Or at least thats what the wife and I are telling each other.

So... basically no.

-Cory

Thanks for the feed back I ended up buying a BNIB Dan Wesson 1911 Heritage Pistol 01974, 45 ACP, 5", Black Hogue Rubber Grips, Grey and Black Finish, 8 Rounds. I got the gun yesterday for an even $1,000 out the door, the gun must be old stock of some kind, the front Trijicon night sight is marked 14, and serial number starts with a 14. What would be the best bet for aftermarket 1911 magazines, I have not owned a 1911 in over 22 years, Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by reloader550 View Post
    Thanks for the feed back I ended up buying a BNIB Dan Wesson 1911 Heritage Pistol 01974, 45 ACP, 5", Black Hogue Rubber Grips, Grey and Black Finish, 8 Rounds. I got the gun yesterday for an even $1,000 out the door, the gun must be old stock of some kind, the front Trijicon night sight is marked 14, and serial number starts with a 14. What would be the best bet for aftermarket 1911 magazines, I have not owned a 1911 in over 22 years, Thanks.
    I like Wilson 47Ds or ETMs for my Dan Wesson. Truth is most quality 1911s will shoot fine with most quality 1911 mags. So you should be okay with Wilsons, Chip McCormicks, or Tripps.

Avoid the cheap stuff for magazines and you should be fine. Everyone likes their own flavor of mag though.

-Cory

My local gun shop has Mec-Gar brand mags in stock, for the 1911 guns. 8 round, stainless body with a polymer/metal follower, with a removeable polymer base pad.

User Tag List