Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Paranoia, leftism, and "legalized" marijuana

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Paranoia, leftism, and "legalized" marijuana

I was talking last night with someone who's been involved in social work as a graduate-degree professional in the SoCal area for about twenty years. She told me that what she's seen over the past few years is that everybody is now high. The strength of the materials available on the street is intense, more so than people using them realize. And in her clinical work, she's seen a massive increase in paranoia in the people she deals with, which she considers to be likely to be a result of the drug use.

It occurred to me that this might partly explain some (obviously not all) of the extreme behavior observed coming from the left, as the "legalized" marijuana is generally prevalent in leftist strongholds.

Any SMEs around who can address the actual paranoia effects of marijuana use, and any other evidence to support or refute the hypothesis?

My area of expertise is in how machines work. Brains are not mechanical engineering, so I'm seriously out of my lane beyond here.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Cool

I think the real question is: are we allowing Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids, without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I don’t think we really know the long-term effects of using the type of domestically-produced marijuana that is prevalent in the country now. The stuff we see today is not the weed of the 60’s or 70’s (or even the 90’s).

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think the real question is: are we allowing Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids, without the knowledge of the individual, and certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
    The hilarious aspect of that quote is that someone who is sufficiently severely allergic to corn can actually have a negative reaction to flouridated water, even just from showering in it.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Name:  67D9931A-34E0-48F0-80BC-870FA073D25E.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  32.4 KB
    Last edited by Dan_S; 10-12-2018 at 02:18 AM.

Paranoia, leftism, and "legalized" marijuana

I highly doubt it is a causal factor, but it probably has an exacerbating effect in some cases.

I’m pretty firmly of the belief that a lot of the extra crazy radical left stuff that’s popping up is a result of an entire generation of kids raised in an unhealthily safety focused environment.

There’s a bunch of shit one learns by being allowed to make mistakes and get hurt, or be able to make individual decisions or solve disputes without appealing immediately to authority.

Lots of those lessons teach an intuitive understanding of why such generally Marxist ideas might not work well, or be a catastrophe, on a larger scale.

ETA: and the craziness is directly impacted by the massive increase in political polarization in our nation. It’s really bad. Like, seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OnionsAndDragons; 10-12-2018 at 02:28 AM.

It's been long established that many who enjoy marijuana experience paranoia while under its influence. Is the point of this post to argue that such paranoia is lasting, even after the 'dosing' has worn off? I have a hard time believing that, and I also don't believe that only leftists smoke pot.

Site Supporter
    Google Scholar is an excellent source for articles presenting correllation between cannabis use and medical/behavioral problems in juveniles. Having worked with this group, I very seldom saw a kid that did not have drug problems. Marijuana was the common denominator. There is a medical diagnosis called cannabis disorder. When I performed security tasks for a retirement center that also had a large nursing home component, I noticed that many persons delivering health care were high. When I was a health inspector who also inspected nursing holmes,
    I observed the same thing. Informal conversations with administrators verified my observations. Positive correllation does not necessarily show a cause and effect relationship, but it most certainly raises a flag.
    By the way. Some people obtain jobs at such facilities and hospitals so they can sell drugs to other employees.

As a criminal defense attorney I can testify that there is a near 1-1 correlation between being a shitbird and smoking the reefer.

Correlation is not causation but, you know what, screw it, yes it is. #legalizenothing , #jobsecurity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I’m pretty firmly of the belief that a lot of the extra crazy radical left stuff that’s popping up is a result of an entire generation of kids raised in an unhealthily safety focused environment.

There’s a bunch of shit one learns by being allowed to make mistakes and get hurt, or be able to make individual decisions or solve disputes without appealing immediately to authority.

Lots of those lessons teach an intuitive understanding of why such generally Marxist ideas might not work well, or be a catastrophe, on a larger scale.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....onal-Beat-Down

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List