Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: JMCK With Discreet Carry Concepts Clips

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    For those that are running the clips on a leather belt, how destructive are the clips to the leather? I vastly prefer my Mean Gene leather belt over the nylon tactical belts, but the reviews on these clips have me curious.
    Not at all, just have to be careful putting them on and removing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Not at all, just have to be careful putting them on and removing.
    texas, I apologize for not giving more detail about the leather belt. My leather belt is not a high end type of thing and I never thought about making marks. All I can say is the DCC clips are much easier to get off the leather one than the nylon one. You can slide the small inside clips (I call them "tangs") over the leather, something you can't do with the Wilderness belt. Please understand, it's not impossible to get the belt off the Wilderness belt, it's just harder. I'm not real worried about any marks I will make on my leather belt. I've been thinking about getting another Hank's/Amish belt for sometime and this might make me do it. Whatever you have to do to use the DCC clips, you should do it, IMO.

One other important thing that has occurred to me is whether or not I like to admit this, I was guilty of occasionally "checking" the stability of my rig - simply because I wasn't confident it was still locked on, GTG. It's something I think everyone who has carried concealed, if they are honest, has done at one time or another. You're just not sure your carry setup is secure. With the DCC clips, forget that cause it ain't movin one bit! Ya might say my confidence level has gone way up. Yet another thanks to Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Tony, maybe I missed it, but are these clips compatible with my 6-month old 2.0?
    Yes they are. I don't sell them on my site yet, so email me what you want. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Should have a new holster in a couple days...

Site Supporter
    I'm like a kid in a candy store. When I slide my new JMCK holster down into position and those DCC clips reach the bottom edge of my belt, the sound they make when they "click shut" (actually it's more of a "thunk" sound) is awesome. As Tony says: "they're bad ass." I'll try to stop now - no guarantees, though.
    Last edited by 11B10; 11-18-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    After extensive practice this morning, I have some advice to pass along. I use two belts, depending on what I'm doing. First is the tried and true Hank's/Amish leather belt, which I use for work. The JMCK holster with the DCC clips comes off it fairly smoothly. My other belt is a Wilderness Instructor belt. This one requires a lot more effort as the "tangs" on the inside of the clips catch on the nylon fabric of the belt. It's a real double edged sword thing. We all want the holster to be damn near impossible to get off - and believe me, it does meet that requirement! Just expect to spend more time with the removal of the holster with any kind of nylon belt.

After tinkering with the retention and height screws, I've got a perfect setup. One last thing... when I look more closely at the workmanship put into the holster, the attention to detail really is obvious. The total lack of sharp edges, etc.

Thanks again, Tony.

Update on this ^^^^. I've been wearing a new Hank's Amish belt, the "Black Out." I bought it because it was cyber Monday and couldn't resist the discount. Gentlemen, once again, I love when a vendor lives up to the hype. This belt is really good, very classy looking, terrific "fit and finish," checks all the boxes. And, when I slide my JMCK holster on, wow! It's like they were made for each other. IMO, neither one can be beat, especially at their price point.

11B10, thanks for the business! Glad our holsters work for you.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    11B10, thanks for the business! Glad our holsters work for you.

Tony, whenever I find a business that perfoms the way it should be, I wanna tell everyone! These days, people are so quick to jump on you when you make a mistake, but just take it for granted when you do a good job - that ticks me off. Attaboys back at you, Sir! You are just like PF.
    Last edited by 11B10; 12-13-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I think the beauty of the DCC clips is they work so well when used with a belt, as well as working so well without a belt. The big spring steel clip we use with the Universal is great without a belt, but needs work to work well when used with a belt. IMO, it lets the holster/gun rotate too much which makes getting a master grip "unpredictable", at least in my experience. The DCC clip is much better on a belt for sure, even when using a single DCC clip it's better than the big wide spring steel clip, but with 2 DCC clips, it's awesome on a belt and pretty awesome with 2 when not used with a belt!

Thanks
    I'm kind of torn between the universal and getting the wing claw 2.0 or 2.5. This is for a glock 19 and I'm a thin waist guy at 29 inches. I intend to use this a bunch without a belt. Would it be worth it to still get the claw (would it still be usable without a belt?) then which would be better the 2.0 or the 2.5 for this type of application?
    Last edited by Elbowtko; 12-25-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbowtko View Post
    I'm kind of torn between the universal and getting the wing claw 2.0 or 2.5. This is for a glock 19 and I'm a thin waist guy at 29 inches. I intend to use this a bunch without a belt. Would it be worth it to still get the claw (would it still be usable without a belt?) then which would be better the 2.0 or the 2.5 for this type of application?
    Elbowtko, I think for someone your size, the 2.5 with DCC clips will work a bit better (and either will work well for you) than the 2.0 with DCC clips.Only because the 2 DCC clips really close together create a bit more "holster moves with you" than the wider spaced DCC clips of the 2.0. Also, someone your size will run out of real estate quick so narrower is better, IMHO. Yes, the claw is worth it and is not an option to not order it, although if you found it to be too much grip rotation, you can remove the widget from the claw itself to get less grip rotation. The DCC clips will work without a belt, however you are losing your support system for the pistol and holster, so it won't work as well without a belt.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List