Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK With Discreet Carry Concepts Clips

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Tony - a couple of questions:

1) What size DCC clips should I buy to retrofit a JMCK Wingclaw 2.0?

2) Do you sell the clips through the website? I poked around in the online store but didn't see them in the hardware section.

BTW - you did some nice shooting at EL's class two weeks ago.
    Mark D, if you are running a 1.5" belt, then you can buy some DCC clips from me. Email me if that's the case. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Does anyone have thoughts/experience in choosing between this and a Wing claw 2.5 for a G43?

I’m looking to use the 43 for those times when need/laziness dictate something more concealable/more convenient than my normal 19X in a Wing Claw 2.5, which I love. In either instance I plan on using the DCC clips.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Wing claw is overkill for a 42/43

Site Supporter
    I've carried the Shield in this all day and it's worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Wing claw is overkill for a 42/43
    When I first received my Claw 2.0, I felt the same way. But after using it for a few weeks, I greatly prefer the stability of the Claw 2.0 over the single steel clip of the JM Universal. I'm pretty active at work, so that likely plays a part.

The Universal works better for quick on/off and use without belts, but otherwise, the Claw 2.0 works best for me. I have a Claw 2.0 for a Commander coming with Discreet Carry Clips, and I look forward to trying those. If they work as well as many say, I'll likely retrofit the others.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    When I first received my Claw 2.0, I felt the same way. But after using it for a few weeks, I greatly prefer the stability of the Claw 2.0 over the single steel clip of the JM Universal. I'm pretty active at work, so that likely plays a part.

The Universal works better for quick on/off and use without belts, but otherwise, the Claw 2.0 works best for me. I have a Claw 2.0 for a Commander coming with Discreet Carry Clips, and I look forward to trying those. If they work as well as many say, I'll likely retrofit the others.

This. I use a DSG Hitchhiker for no belt or quick on/off, but if I'm wearing it on a belt all day, my Shield goes on a 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post

Thanks for the input. If you don't mind me asking, what mag extension is that on your reload mag, and has it been reliable? The 43 mag extension market seems...confusing.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Thanks for the input. If you don't mind me asking, what mag extension is that on your reload mag, and has it been reliable? The 43 mag extension market seems...confusing.
    You're welcome. That's the Vickers +2. From my reading, they got as good or better reviews than the aluminum offerings that cost and weigh roughly twice as much. So far so good, but admittedly, I don't shoot them much since I spend most of my time carrying a 9mm Commander.

I bought mine on Ebay for $17ish dollars shipped.

I think the beauty of the DCC clips is they work so well when used with a belt, as well as working so well without a belt. The big spring steel clip we use with the Universal is great without a belt, but needs work to work well when used with a belt. IMO, it lets the holster/gun rotate too much which makes getting a master grip "unpredictable", at least in my experience. The DCC clip is much better on a belt for sure, even when using a single DCC clip it's better than the big wide spring steel clip, but with 2 DCC clips, it's awesome on a belt and pretty awesome with 2 when not used with a belt!

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Mark D, if you are running a 1.5" belt, then you can buy some DCC clips from me. Email me if that's the case. Thanks
    Are the DCC clips able to be used with the normal AIWB/George holsters? Can two be put side by side to replace a plastic quick clip?

User Tag List