Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK With Discreet Carry Concepts Clips

Site Supporter

JMCK With Discreet Carry Concepts Clips

The G42 is in a JMCK IWB Universal I've had for a while that I originally ordered with an UltiClip. The UltiClip worked decent on shorts with a drawstring but didn't have enough bite for slick pants like the 5.11 Apex and Vertx I usually wear. I've seen some good reviews for the DCC clips so I ordered one to see if I could make it work. It took some modifying to the holster and the clip but I'm really happy with the result. That little clip will hold on to anything.

Today my second JMCK/DCC combo showed up. It's also the IWB Universal. The clip on it will work with or without a belt. Like the smaller clip on the G42 holster it will absolutely stay put. Drawing slowly or aggressively will not pull these clips off of gym shorts or slick pants.

These holsters work really well for AIWB, and I say that as someone who has had shit for luck carrying larger guns AIWB. I'm going to try AIWB again, this time with a Wing Claw 2.5 with these clips.

Name:  JMCK DCC.jpg
Views: 3784
Size:  72.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    The G42 is in a JMCK IWB Universal I've had for a while that I originally ordered with an UltiClip. The UltiClip worked decent on shorts with a drawstring but didn't have enough bite for slick pants like the 5.11 Apex and Vertx I usually wear. I've seen some good reviews for the DCC clips so I ordered one to see if I could make it work. It took some modifying to the holster and the clip but I'm really happy with the result. That little clip will hold on to anything.

Today my second JMCK/DCC combo showed up. It's also the IWB Universal. The clip on it will work with or without a belt. Like the smaller clip on the G42 holster it will absolutely stay put. Drawing slowly or aggressively will not pull these clips off of gym shorts or slick pants.

These holsters work really well for AIWB, and I say that as someone who has had shit for luck carrying larger guns AIWB. I'm going to try AIWB again, this time with a Wing Claw 2.5 with these clips.

Name:  JMCK DCC.jpg
Views: 3784
Size:  72.1 KB

SC, are you psychic? I'm awaiting a new JM holster that I ordered with a 1.5" belt clip. After I ordered it, I rediscovered these clips and have wondered if they could be made to work. I will, of course, try the clip that comes with my holster first. Keep us posted, please.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    SC, are you psychic? I'm awaiting a new JM holster that I ordered with a 1.5" belt clip. After I ordered it, I rediscovered these clips and have wondered if they could be made to work. I will, of course, try the clip that comes with my holster first. Keep us posted, please.
    11B10, I would suggest emailing me to switch to the DCC clip, it is a phenomenal piece of kit! It works fantastically without a belt, but more importantly, works much better with a belt that the Spring Steel Clip. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    11B10, I would suggest emailing me to switch to the DCC clip, it is a phenomenal piece of kit! It works fantastically without a belt, but more importantly, works much better with a belt that the Spring Steel Clip. Thanks
    Tony, are YOU psychic? Wow, dude, you're incredible. I'm so pumped and it's been a long time since I pm'ed anyone - can you use this reply to make the change? If so, MUCH APPRECIATED! Order#30511.

Probably overkill, but I dug up my email receipt and emailed John, telling him about this "conversation." Really hoping one of these works.
    Last edited by 11B10; 10-11-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Site Supporter
    The DCC clips are fantastic. I've converted several pieces of gear to them. Just ordered another holster from JM with them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Tony, are YOU psychic? Wow, dude, you're incredible. I'm so pumped and it's been a long time since I pm'ed anyone - can you use this reply to make the change? If so, MUCH APPRECIATED! Order#30511.

Probably overkill, but I dug up my email receipt and emailed John, telling him about this "conversation." Really hoping one of these works.
    11B10, we got your order changed to the DCC clip. Thanks!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Tony, you absolutely rule. Thanks, I won't forget this.

Tony - a couple of questions:

1) What size DCC clips should I buy to retrofit a JMCK Wingclaw 2.0?

2) Do you sell the clips through the website? I poked around in the online store but didn't see them in the hardware section.

BTW - you did some nice shooting at EL's class two weeks ago.
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-12-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Mark D, are you psychic? I was just about to ask Tony the same questions. I went looking on the site yesterday for the clips, too

Guys, right now, we only stock the 1.5" Mod 4 clips. If you run a 1.5" belt, you are good to go. About 90% of holsters that are ordered are for 1.5" belts, so right now it's hard to justify stocking 1.75" clips. DCC is a great piece of kit and there customer service is PHENOMENAL, but like all things that are really good, they are not cheap. As always though, if we get enough interest to warrant the 1.75" clips, we will get them in. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List