Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you switched to a TLR-7?

No, the lights are too different.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the TLR-7 on a full size PX4?
    Laying in bed, trying to remember what I was supposed to do tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Laying in bed, trying to remember what I was supposed to do tonight...
    Ouch.

But thank you! That really does help.

Hmm. Looks like the paddles are a little bit more difficult to reach than the ones on the APL. On the other hand, the TLR-7 is clearly shorter.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I've switched over. Sort of mixed feelings about it as it is a little bulkier than the G19 on its own, but I don't really mind. For lots of reasons I've switched over to primarily carrying a G26 with +2 mags in most weather, so when I'm carrying the 19 the extra bulk isn't a big deal. I'd say overall pretty satisfied. I still have fullsize TLR-1s on my bigger pistols.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 10-24-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Has anyone put one of these on an M&P 2.0 compact? I use TLR-1's on my bigger M&P's, but this TLR-7 looks like the ticket for the 2.0 M&Pc.

Frank Proctor is a fan. He has a lot of posts on his Instagram
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkeg View Post
    Has anyone put one of these on an M&P 2.0 compact? I use TLR-1's on my bigger M&P's, but this TLR-7 looks like the ticket for the 2.0 M&Pc.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Frank Proctor is a fan. He has a lot of posts on his Instagram

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Excellent, thanks!

Anyone pair this to a P2000 or P2000sk?
    Taking a break from social media.

Any thoughts on light activation tactics/technique with the TLR-7?

I spent some time last night working various drills under low light, Fast, Bill Drill, Draws to 3x5/head box. What I personally found was that if I’m activating the light during a draw, and shooting anything more than a round or two, I’m better off just bumping the button and putting it onto constant for the duration of the shoot. If I tried to keep it on constant for the higher round drills like bill drills, I’d slip off the switch, or be so focused on the switch that I lost the speed in my splits, dropping from consistent .20s and below, to sporadic .25-.45s.

My thoughts are that with this light, to expect to run it on momentary for the engagement is unrealistic. If I’m activating the light reactionary go a threat (assuming the thread needs some sort of PID) it’ll be going on constant. However, if I’m doing a building search, I’d feel better about at least searching with the momentary function.

This was a good eye opener. With my other pistol lights that I carry for overt stuff all being of X300 variety, my technique had to shift. I can run an X300 on momentary faster than constant for first shot, and there’s no loss in speed once you start shooting multiple rounds.

So if you haven’t, try out this light under speed and see what you come up with. If you have, I’d love to hear some thoughts on usage that could help me with better techniques and tactics with the TLR-7.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller View Post
    My thoughts are that with this light, to expect to run it on momentary for the engagement is unrealistic.
    I agree. The temporary switch is sort of a nice thought but I would probably just as well have it be on/off only. The switches are too small and too close to the trigger guard to make them useful for that purpose.

User Tag List