Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you switched to a TLR-7?

I played with the strobe... just ended up giving me a headache. Made sure they are disabled on all of my TLRs (1s and 7).

Only weapon light that has a strobe option I can’t disable is the LaserMax for my J-frame. Is what it is for that one...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I've used TLR-1HL for years. I have one on my wife's HD G-19 and one on my old duty weapon a G-22. I was using one for AIWB but did find the extra length of the TLR-1 would press into my right leg and groin area. I recently switched to the TLR-7, which is more comfortable due to being even with the muzzle of my G-19. While 500 lumens isn't as bright as 800 obviously, I find the TLR-7 does the job for EDC. For duty, HD, or OWB carry I will continue to use my TLR-1HL lights.

Hope this helps.
    Name:  G1980Tier1.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  61.0 KB

The Holster is a Tier 1 Concealed AGIS which is an AIWB Holster. No issues with the light digging into my leg or groin area.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I'm liking this combination...

Name:  g45tlr7.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  83.8 KB
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I recently purchased a TLR-7, but I've found that I'm not a fan of the switches. Has Streamlight indicated whether or not they plan to release different switching options? I know that has been a common complaint against this otherwise great light. Alternatively, could there potentially be aftermarket solutions for a different switch?

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I carved up my PX4 full size to accommodate the paddles of the APL, so too late for that gun...
    I carved up the paddles, left the gun intact.

Does anyone have a picture of the TLR-7 on a full size PX4?

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I have to go to court in a little bit, but if nobody posts a picture by tonight, I’ll take one for you.

If the switching was useful I bet we'd see a ton more. Mine just sits on the bench now.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I carved up the paddles, left the gun intact.

You'd have thought after all my time playing with 1911s that I'd have modified the cheaper part first, but I actually never thought about modifying the light to fit the gun...

I have. I wasn't a fan of full sized lights for AIWB carry. I had an XC1 and I couldn't get to a good place with the activation; I wanted a temporary on, and I wanted the switches to be about 20x larger. The TLR-7 is everything the XC1 was not for me. I got my AIWB holster in TLR-7 flavor, and just picked up a Perun for OWB from an awesome forum member, and I am happy as a pig in shit.

I find a huge benefit to being able to use my carry gun as a nightstand gun, for travel, or if I find myself needing to clear a house, a task for which I don't prefer my shotgun simply because I have no training on doing that with it. The same gun I shoot and carry already having the light on it is a huge synergistic benefit for me.
    Join FPC

Does anyone know if these fit in a JMCK holster built for an Inforce APL-C?

User Tag List