Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Have you switched to a TLR-7?

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    Thats what we went to. G45 with TLR7a in a Safariland 7xxx series holster. Ive never once found holster length that much of an issue to warrant a decrease in light ability. And with my TQ mounted to the holster it makes zero difference anyways.
    Ya but when decision makers sit at a desk all day it's really uncomfortable to have a slightly longer holster, so everyone at the pd must suffer

The 7 definitely has less throw than the 1HL/x300u, but there is one legit (not administrative) benefit- It’s narrower width allows the holsters to fit much more closely around the trigger guard compared to the 1HL/x300 style. This greatly reduces the chance of foreign debris getting in the trigger guard. A couple years back I was speaking with Tommy Campbell at Safariland and he mentioned they had seen a number of unintended discharges from the seatbelt tab getting into the trigger guard with 6xxx 1HL/x300 series holsters. I believe they made some strides in 6xxx series to reduce that chance, but its a trade-off none the less.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List