Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RFI: CT Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Can't put a threaded barrel on a semi-automatic pistol that wasn't previously registered as an assault weapon. Bolt guns are okay with a threaded barrel.

You can use a muzzle device adapter on an AR type rifle if it meets the criteria others here have mentioned.
    Huh.

But if you have a barrel with say a slip-on threaded device or a quick-detach that wasn't threaded, that would work?

In other words - something like this: https://www.infiniteproductsolutions...pters/slip-on/

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Huh.

But if you have a barrel with say a slip-on threaded device or a quick-detach that wasn't threaded, that would work?

In other words - something like this: https://www.infiniteproductsolutions...pters/slip-on/
    Not really... The suppressor would be considered a "flash suppressor" when attached.

t
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So...how do you mount your legally purchased suppressor?
    You can't make a registered Assault Weapon any more assaulty by adding a suppressor. Therefore fine on an AW. Also fine on a Pre-Ban.

Prior to the post Sandy Hook reactionary legislation new sales ARs were limited to 3 features. (When the 94 Clinton Crime Bill expired CT implemented their own version.) This eliminated flash suppressors (brakes were good to go), bayonet lugs and collapsible stocks. Those ARs were not considered Assault Weapons by definition of the law at the time. By implementing the current law anyone who registered their Post Ban AR as an AW now was free to gussy it up any way they see fit. I'm sure the state never intended this but that is how the law reads and what happens when people who know nothing about guns write gun legislation. And if you decided to tell the state to go pound sand and just ignored the registration well then you might as well configure your illegal AR any way you see fit also because it doesn't matter.

Full Auto is legal it CT however it can not be a select fire weapon. Therefore Full & Safe only, no Semi.
    Last edited by JohnO; 10-12-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Buds does a great quick reference for state restrictions. They include links to state pages and handgun rosters where relevant. Obviously, you would want to confirm all info, but we have found it well maintained and updated frequently.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...strictions.php

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Buds does a great quick reference for state restrictions.
    I reviewed the one for shotguns and could find nothing that prohibits the Rem V3 Tac-13 in CT. I'll buy it here in NH before the move (if it happens) and bring it with me.

I see this has been mentioned before: get your permit now. It eliminates any town or city idiosyncrasies or delays. You can always convert without much fuss once you move.

Pre-bans and "firearm" ARs are not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by dkv View Post
    I see this has been mentioned before: get your permit now. It eliminates any town or city idiosyncrasies or delays. You can always convert without much fuss once you move.
    Acknowledged. Once the job is offered and I've accepted, I will immediately apply for the non-resident permit. Since we'll need to sell a house here in NH and buy one in CT, there should be an adequate amount of time to have the license in-hand before we actually move.

Final Update

I will NOT be moving to CT - the job offer slowly evolved into something I was not interested in. Additionally, my current employment is really quite good as-is and continues to move in a positive direction.

My sincere thanks to all who answered my questions, offered advice and reached out to me via PM - very much appreciated!

Live Free or Die!

I'm happy to hear that you will continue to enjoy the air of freedom we have up here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Once again....

...a move to CT is becoming a possibility.

Relocation to be closer to family (my wife and I now have three grand children spread across LI and in Westchester county since I originally posted this) and once again, some interesting conversation with a company located in CT that is interested in hiring me for some specific expertise I possess.

I assume the "get a non-resident license" advise still applies, which I will move forward with. On that application, are there any questions in regards to "needs" for a license? Any advice on the non-resident process at all?

Additionally, any special considerations for bringing non-AW long guns or ammo with me on a move?

As always, your insight is greatly appreciated.

User Tag List