Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with three 15 min training periods per week.

Hammertime

What would you do with three 15 min training periods per week.

https://medium.com/@danjohn84123/pri...g-5c1ebfef27a4

Inspired by this article, I ask the question in the title:

“if, for whatever reason, you were forced into a situation where you could only pursue your goal for three 15-minute periods a week, what would you do?”

In regards to shooting.

Push-ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pummelling, underhooks, bicep and wrist ties, and duck unders in conjunction with presentation. Hell, if I could afford to pay someone to stop by my office 3xweek for just 15 minutes drilling that, I’d probably end up way ahead of the curve in just a few months. Not a bad thought.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Draw from concealment.
    Transitions.

It will get stale. It always gets stale. You can vary to 1 hand draw, draw to no shoot, draw while moving in various directions, draw to retention, vary distance, etc.

Transition practice can be left to right, right to left, F2S, multiple targets, while moving, with a light, 90*, 180*, etc.

I think they are the most important skills. So focus on them bare, and use variations when it feels stale.

-Cory

Hell that's about what I do already for shooting...
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Dry fire.

Trigger control is paramount.

NRA B-8 Repair Center at 25 yards.

Double action revolver dry fire.

Yah yah, I know, but you get my point, right?
    Last edited by Alembic; 10-10-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Day 1: Draw to point of aim reps
    Day 2: Dry fire reps
    Day 3: Reps of combinations above

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Tagging in @SouthNarc, @Cecil Burch and @Paul Sharp as I’m very interested in their thoughts — not just in regards to shooting, but also combatives and life in general.
    Boarding a plane to Portland, Oregon in a few minutes. I've got some thoughts on this based on answering this question a few times over the years. The time crunch is real for folks, and training sometimes takes a backseat to running kids to after-school events, or other responsibilities. I'll post more after I touch down. I've been able to give folks a legit solution based on a time frame of 15 minutes, 2-3 times a week.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

User Tag List