Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Portland, OR last week

I think we should come up with a "mob/riot" drill.

It should involve a lot of fast moving 6" plates and high-percentage hostage shots, because in these scenarios, you want to just go for head shots (zombie rules, guys, zombie rules).

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

Mobs like this, may also be good justification for going with one of the box-magazine fed Tac-14s. Easy to stash in the car, with a half-dozen 5-round mags loaded with buckshot. If you burn through 30-35 rounds of buck and a couple of 15+ round handgun mags...you've got problems that won't be solved by small arms.
    Miss me with that Tac 14 shit. AR pistol and several mags or GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This stuff is really irritating. It doesn't keep us from enjoying downtown Portland, but I'd like to hear some opinions about what the best approach would be if we get stuck in the middle of one of these "protests".
    What would Burt Gummer do?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Miss me with that Tac 14 shit. AR pistol and several mags or GTFO.
    That'd be ideal, agreed. AK pistol with a brace would also work well.

But I suppose there may be legal constructs that permit a TAC-14/Shockwave to go where a loaded AR/AK pistol cannot.

Site Supporter
    I think bear spray/ pepper spray would be a good choice. Think fire extinguisher size. Then quickly unass the area. One thing I never forgot when dealing with mobs/riots. Always make sure they have an escape route; otherwise they could stampede you.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

But I suppose there may be legal constructs that permit a TAC-14/Shockwave to go where a loaded AR/AK pistol cannot.
    In most cases, it's probably the other way around, but I'm not sure since the Tac/Shockwave thing is a "firearm" and not a long gun (may vary based on local statutes, of course). But if you have a license to carry a concealed pistol than an AR/AK pistol should be legal to carry and conceal. Let us also remember that the ATF magically grants AOW status to a Shockwave if you carry it concealed.

By-the-by, I'm totally on board with an AR/AK pistol in these scenarios. For me, I'm waiting for the new Trojan Firearms STI-mag compatible AR pistol. That's going to be my next travel gun. Anywhere my STI goes (which is everywhere, basically), the AR pistol can go. I'll probably go LAW adapter, brace, of course a red-dot and a bag 'o mags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    This nation has been taken over by COMMUNISTS. You can call them Globalists, Zionists... it matters not. They are Communists. And those “Black Bloc” groups are the Anarchists that will be used to spark widespread violence. And they ARE coming.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zionists? Ok then.

This thread is getting ARFCOM kooky.

A few thoughts:

I don’t expect there to be large scale civil unrest here unless we have a big earthquake. I do not plan on going out prepared for the ZA.

Talking about this like it’s a full on war makes us look kooky.

Antifa riots are fairly tame in comparison to Furgusen and the like. I don’t expect them to get much worse, but if they do, the main losers will be business owners downtown.

When people go apeshit, it doesn’t help their cause or whatever they think their cause is. Antifa makes progressives look bad. My fairly liberal friends are already sick of it, and some plan to vote republican for OR Governor.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

some plan to vote republican for OR Governor.
    This is the only solution. Never ever vote Democrats. It does not matter how much you hate this or that republican. Any Dem is worse. ANY.
    Last edited by cheby; 10-11-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

I have both AR and AK pistols configured with SBA3 braces. The AR is hands down the better option. It is 100% legal for me to carry a loaded AR or AK pistol with me anywhere I can take a regular pistol. A loaded Tac 14/Shockwave Dumpster Defender does not fall into the same criteria.

This thread is getting ARFCOM kooky.

A few thoughts:

I don’t expect there to be large scale civil unrest here unless we have a big earthquake. I do not plan on going out prepared for the ZA.

Talking about this like it’s a full on war makes us look kooky.

Antifa riots are fairly tame in comparison to Furgusen and the like. I don’t expect them to get much worse, but if they do, the main losers will be business owners downtown.

When people go apeshit, it doesn’t help their cause or whatever they think their cause is. Antifa makes progressives look bad. My fairly liberal friends are already sick of it, and some plan to vote republican for OR Governor.
    I don't think we've ascended that far down the derp hole. We're discussing the matter all the way up to worse case scenario.

User Tag List