Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Portland, OR last week

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    I live across the river and I just avoid DT Portland. The few shows I have caught down there I plan out two or three routes just in case something goes wrong. I have thought about carrying a couple of the large cans of pepper spray. If they are threatening you and screaming just politely ask them to move and if they don't use the pepper spray and gun it out of there. I didn't watch that video, but saw another one that had the same folks and there was a older guy at the end in a silver lexus that apparently had about $3k damage done to his car. He filed a report, no one that "attacked" him filed any charges (though I am not sure they could as they were illegally blocking the street). Some pepper spray could have helped drive some of those animals back.
    ANTIFA often do not call the police - it sort of clashes with their anarchist philosophy. The Alt Left and the Alt Right both tend to operate on the “take care of it themselves” model, hence the masks both sides wear to avoid being identified for retaliation.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-10-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If one has enough horsepower and space - one solution could simply be to roll the windows up and start doing donuts...

I guess, I'm just not feeling this. Pepper spray works for getting someone off of your car, without too much trouble. If you can't solve it that way, you're on your way to good articulation for increasing your level of force. Throw it in gear and drive on.

If you have to get out, try to get away, if you're pursued, shoot first, ask questions later.

Carry enough guns for everyone in the car to be armed.

FYI, a 42" Cold Steel sjambok with the bulky ass handle cut off (cuts it back to about 34") slides easily in the gap between the drivers door and seat. Passengers in the backseat of the car don't even notice the black plastic rod against the black carpet of a car. Easy to take out and use as necessary, very low profile. So I would think.

Mobs like this, may also be good justification for going with one of the box-magazine fed Tac-14s. Easy to stash in the car, with a half-dozen 5-round mags loaded with buckshot. If you burn through 30-35 rounds of buck and a couple of 15+ round handgun mags...you've got problems that won't be solved by small arms.
    Rob, Rob, Rob. The Chicago Way is just not the Portland Way.

Or the Seattle Way. The rest of King County, OTOH...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Yeah I get that. It was more pointing out that even with their outrage in the video they didn't pursue anything because they knew they were in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    ANTIFA often do not call the police - it sort of clashes with their anarchist philosophy. The Alt Left and the Alt Right both tend to operate on the “take care of it themselves” model, hence the masks both sides wear to avoid being identified for retaliation.

Yeah I get that. It was more pointing out that even with their outrage in the video they didn't pursue anything because they knew they were in the wrong.
    Edit to add: I doubt they know any such thing.
    I would suggest that they just don't care.
    Not about him. Not about you. Not about me. Probably not even about any cause they claim to be acting out over. Not about anything but their immature self-centered temper tantrum.
    Last edited by Drang; 10-10-2018 at 11:31 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Rob, Rob, Rob. The Chicago Way is just not the Portland Way.

Or the Seattle Way. The rest of King County, OTOH...
    Damn, sorry, I forgot it's not pepper spray and hickory shampoo - it's patchouli spray and dreadlocks, because shampoo is evil.

Site Supporter
    But that is not correct. They think they are 100% in the right. In fact they don’t care about the law and feel morally l “obligated” to do what they are doing. They think they are doing “the Lord’s work,” or they would if they believed in that sort of thing.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Site Supporter

Antifa podcast host discusses “easily concealable” guns and “assassination”

https://farleftwatch.com/antifa-podc...assassination/

Antifa podcast host discusses “easily concealable” guns and “assassination”

The co-host of the far-left podcast, The Guillotine, recently took to Twitter to brainstorm with his 5K+ followers about the best way to organize an armed insurrection. “Dr. Bones” (@Ole_Bonsey) asked “Hey quick little question for military minded lefties: should leftists train/organize in a “insurgent” focus where they blend into a civilian population for potential attacks or a more “militia” structure focused on holding/maintaining turf?”
    The violent tendencies and aspirations of of the so called “Alt Right” are well known but the equally violent tendencies and aspirations of the “Alt Left” are less well known and are minimized in some cases outright denied by supporters of the left including many in the mainstream media.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-10-2018 at 11:56 PM.

The violent tendencies and aspirations of of the so called “Alt Right” are well known but the equally violent tendencies and aspirations of the “Alt Left” are less well known and are minimized in some cases outright denied by supporters of the left including many in the mainstream media.
    This should come as little surprise considering their scant acquaintance with anything resembling the truth when it comes to officer and (law abiding) civilian involved shootings over the past several years.

They have their agenda and they are sticking to it. They're not going to let the truth stand in the way of a story that promotes their world view.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Please keep in mind Hillary’s recent statements while in the UK essentially sanctioning violence and praising this crap and Rand Paul’s comments about assassination concerns.

Welcome to Maidan, Cairo, Damascus, etc., etc.

It’s called “Assymetric Warfare” or “Color Revolution” our coup détât.

Yet not one in a hundred perceives it as it is.

Those who control government are waiting for their opportunity if we are stupid enough to fall for this by (a) relishing te opportunity to fight these goons or (b) ignoring them as “attention whores”.

My last comment in these Anarchists.

May everyone soon see the light - and step off the tracks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    It is not. The legal standards for civilian Use Of Force (UOF) and LE UOF are different.

Rubber Buckshot, bean bags etc are "Less Lethal", not "Non Lethal." Shooting someone with a shotgun full of rubber buckshot as a civilian is still shooting someone with a shotgun aka your state's version of assault with a deadly weapon. If you are not justified in using deadly force you should not be shooting them regardless of ammo type. Conversely, if you need deadly force you need real buckshot or a 2,000 pound vehicle.
    I was speaking objectively, and I'd assumed in the company we keep here that the legal difference between civilian, LE, and Mil UOF continuums were firmly understood.

But there's that old adage about assumptions so thank you for covering down for me, in case someone else reading this did not innately know.

Personally I think the limitations on less-lethal force for civilians does more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

FYI, a 42" Cold Steel sjambok with the bulky ass handle cut off (cuts it back to about 34") slides easily in the gap between the drivers door and seat. Passengers in the backseat of the car don't even notice the black plastic rod against the black carpet of a car. Easy to take out and use as necessary, very low profile. So I would think.

Mobs like this, may also be good justification for going with one of the box-magazine fed Tac-14s. Easy to stash in the car, with a half-dozen 5-round mags loaded with buckshot. If you burn through 30-35 rounds of buck and a couple of 15+ round handgun mags...you've got problems that won't be solved by small arms.
    Instead of a sjambok, I've got a ~30in length of plenum rated six strand fiber optic cable. It's just flexible enough that it adds one hell of a slap to the impact and hurts like hell, but won't break bones, etc. That combined with a can of good OC/pepper spray gives one a couple of decent options.
    Last edited by JRB; 10-11-2018 at 09:21 AM.

User Tag List