Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Portland, OR last week

Site Supporter
    Were they eating pasta and trying to direct traffic?

I am unsure if there is something I have seen that is more pathetic. If anyone with any skill was actually aggressive they would scatter like mice. There is probably a good mix of legit mentally ill, drug addicts, and people that actually want a better world.

As much as it would feel good to engage and "teach someone", the best is to just put on a good podcast and tell whomever you will be 20 minutes late. Keep the windows up and the doors locked. Weapons come out or they try to breach (all of which they are too weak to do) then it is game on. I might take the time to put in into 4 wheel low.

Just once, I want to see a drunk illegal alien plow right through those asshats at like 80. Wonder if they would give him a pass since he is all oppressed and shit.

Why is the cop just standing there with his thumb up his ass. Is it legal in OR to block traffic and direct traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I am hoping for more of a less-lethal approach, hopefully involving me being able to stay in the vehicle.

We haven't had anything on the extreme civil unrest scale yet.
    Well the AR pistol is more of a last ditch effort if all other avenues have been exhausted while the purple hair demiqueer pansexuals are caving in my headlights with bats.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Why is the cop just standing there with his thumb up his ass. Is it legal in OR to block traffic and direct traffic.
    It appears local gov't there has decided to go completely hands off in these events street protests, riots, stalking of fed L/E employees, the like. The PPB chief is a former California administrator.

Elections have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Just once, I want to see a drunk illegal alien plow right through those asshats at like 80.
    If he was heavily stereotypical it would be even more hilarious.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    It appears local gov't there has decided to go completely hands off in these events street protests, riots, stalking of fed L/E employees, the like. The PPB chief is a former California administrator.

Elections have consequences.
    Spot on. Apparently the Mayor is also the police commissioner so the Chief doesn't really run the PPB.

Site Supporter
    A shockwave or Tac-14 loaded with rubber buckshot seems like a real solid option for this kind of problem.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    A shockwave or Tac-14 loaded with rubber buckshot seems like a real solid option for this kind of problem.
    It is not. The legal standards for civilian Use Of Force (UOF) and LE UOF are different.

Rubber Buckshot, bean bags etc are "Less Lethal", not "Non Lethal." Shooting someone with a shotgun full of rubber buckshot as a civilian is still shooting someone with a shotgun aka your state's version of assault with a deadly weapon. If you are not justified in using deadly force you should not be shooting them regardless of ammo type. Conversely, if you need deadly force you need real buckshot or a 2,000 pound vehicle.

Looks like a good city to MTFOO.

My work takes me to downtown Portland once a week. I choose to leave my vehicle on the outskirts and "operate" on foot in the downtown core area. While that might seem counter-intuitive, it has allowed me to see this sort of thing coming and avoid it much more easily than if I was tied to a vehicle.

The closest encounter I've had was resolved by saying "Hey man, my wife just took our daughter to the emergency room and I have to go catch a bus to the hospital," which was patently false, but 100% effective.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List