Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile, in Portland, OR last week

Meanwhile, in Portland, OR last week

Fun with #antifa ...

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

This stuff is really irritating. It doesn't keep us from enjoying downtown Portland, but I'd like to hear some opinions about what the best approach would be if we get stuck in the middle of one of these "protests".
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This stuff is really irritating. It doesn't keep us from enjoying downtown Portland, but I'd like to hear some opinions about what the best approach would be if we get stuck in the middle of one of these "protests".
    A loaded 11.5" AR pistol with arm brace in a tennis racket bag is my go to when entering into Antifa occupied territory.

Seems we had a very lengthy thread a year or more back about dealing with such. I can't remember the title so I'm not sure what the best search terms would be.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I am hoping for more of a less-lethal approach, hopefully involving me being able to stay in the vehicle.

We haven't had anything on the extreme civil unrest scale yet.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I am hoping for more of a less-lethal approach, hopefully involving me being able to stay in the vehicle.

We haven't had anything on the extreme civil unrest scale yet.
    Yeah, as I recall, that was what generated the thread. Being in a vehicle and finding oneself in the midst of such. I wish I could think of the damn title.

Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Just found it: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....n-quot-Rioters

ETA: Looks like Hufnagel found it as well.
    Last edited by blues; 10-10-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    A loaded 11.5" AR pistol with arm brace in a tennis racket bag is my go to when entering into Antifa occupied territory.
    Centurion Tank, because epic cool needs no explanation.

Put it in low gear and accelerate.

I haven't been caught in a foot-based "mob". But a few weeks ago, the wife and I got caught in a motorcycle flashmob near downtown Chicago. Which is not the first time we've seen such a thing here in Chicago, where basically a hundred or more 'bikers' (which is a general term, because they are not bikers in the sense of Hell's Angels). Decide, simply, that they are going to roar through the streets, ignoring every traffic law, right of way, etc, and use intimidation and volume of individuals to stop traffic. In doing so, they will simply ride down both sides of a two-way street and dare car and truck drivers to hit them.

Me? As soon as an opening appears, I put my foot down and go, I'm not getting caught in a flashmob, if I can escape. Once I get an opening I don't let up, if someone wants to play chicken with me, driving into the oncoming lane on a motorcycle, I let them, I don't waver and it turns out the bikers do (ask the guy who nearly lost it when he swerved out of my lane, after I didn't let up...better yet don't, because I didn't catch his name, nor did I intend to).

For me 2500 pounds of car is my weapon of choice, followed by a high capacity weapon easily deployed when exiting a vehicle (i.e. a handgun). An AR15 pistol or a Shockwave/Tac14 in the trunk, would likely keep things copacetic. From what I've seen once someone starts shooting real bullets, mobs disperse quickly. While a shotgun wouldn't be my first choice against a large volume of individuals, flash mobbers are usually lightly armed and of course, by virtue it's close contact. In those scenarios, throwing up a wall of buckshot would be a good way to stand your ground.

User Tag List