Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDM 10mm

Vending Machine Operator
    Get ready for some classy full-page ads.

The competition is still selling 9mm?! PUSSIES! Get the XDM 10mm today, or get the HELL outta the beer tent. Comes with a NINE DOLLAR HOLSTER with attachment point for TRUCK NUTS!

SPRINGFIELD! AMERICA! GEORGE WASHINGTON! GRIP ZONE! (croatia) BUY IT, SHITWIPE!

Edit: I guess since this isn't general discussion I should tighten it up a little bit.

Official on-topic opinion: Not a single decent reason to get this over the G20G4.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 10-11-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I see the appeal of 10 mm as being a launcher for heavy field loads. Reliability with heavy loads is more important in 10 to me than conventional notions of reliability. I have not found the Glock 20/29 to be reliable enough for me to trust with heavy field loads, and that is why I use an HK USP FS for this purpose. No idea whether this new XDM is reliable with heavy loads, but I would be happy for someone to test it and find out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Dealer prices are around $500 for the 4.5" model and $600 for the 5.25" model.

This is interesting to me because there's no detailed reason in either model for the price strata, except that the 5.25" version comes with 3 total magazines, instead of 2 as with the 4.5".

Perhaps the 5.25" version is beefed up and ready for hot ammo? One can hope, at least.

5.25” has adjustable sights, which might be part of it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Glock, S&W, Hk, Walther, etc, all charge more for their longer slide/barrel models. Most have very little difference, if any. "Better trigger" in a polymer gun is not huge cost increase, as it's pretty much the same part(s) with dimensional changes to lighten pull. Why should anyone expect SA be different? Besides, it's longer, so it's clearly better for gamers and tactical teams. "Better" cost more.

I am inclined to view this as a positive development. Setting aside the macho man nonsense 10mm tends to attract, there is a dearth of affordable & high quality pistols in this caliber. Tangfoglio 10mms lunch their frames (and occasionally the slides too) without user modification of the recoil assembly, Glocks offerings are an ergonomic train wreck , and Smith’s robust 10mms were discontinued back in the 20th Century with attendant spare parts constraints.
    All else being equal, a 10mm Springfield XDM shooting 180gr standard velocity ammo is likely to be a more comfortable shooting experience then firing ballistically equivalent .40 S&W out of the 9mm sized XDM frame.

I am unconcerned with what piece Samaritan Carriers offer in their holsters.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Someone started a thread about this over on Bushcraftusa.com and I didn't want to start an argument there so I didn't, but what I really wanted to say over there was that this seems like the kinda thing that a "threeper sheepdog" would OC in a Serpa behind the counter of a shitty gunstore while spouting off BS about how inaccurate AK's are or some other nonsense before clocking out and driving home in a Toyota Tundra with Molon Labe and Infidel stickers on the back window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Someone started a thread about this over on Bushcraftusa.com and I didn't want to start an argument there so I didn't, but what I really wanted to say over there was that this seems like the kinda thing that a "threeper sheepdog" would OC in a Serpa behind the counter of a shitty gunstore while spouting off BS about how inaccurate AK's are or some other nonsense before clocking out and driving home in a Toyota Tundra with Molon Labe and Infidel stickers on the back window.
    Yep, probably better you didn’t say that!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm not a huge fan of the XD line, but early in my pistol journey I owned a couple of XDs in 9mm and .45 and they ran fine. (Relatively low round counts). I regularly see a few at Steel Challenge and IDPA and they seem to run fine there too.

The inability to rack the slide without actuating the grip safety is a concern for a defensive tool.
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-12-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You forgot the part about how he rants that hollowpoints are bullshit so he only "runs" FMJ, so he can shoot through trucks and such since it's 10mm. He thinks the M14 never should have been retired, the M16 and M4 is still a piece of shit, but if you want a .223 you should get a Mini-14.
    The Tundra is over 10 years old and has a shitty body lift with straight pipes and worn-out offroad tires.

User Tag List