Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Springfield XDM 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I would dig into this thread as @GJM has literally done the field work for you.

That said, like others have noted, I am hopeful that one day we can 10mm autoloaders that will run the boutique and handloaded stuff reliably, not just the .40 "Long" loads. Unfortunately the majority of buyers who shoot a box of Buffalo Bore and have no backcountry experience will still argue that the G20 has dethroned the 4" .44 Mag.
    Well I guess I will keep my revolvers until something better comes along.....I do not fancy Glocks.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ccssid View Post
    So , from a reliability point of view, our only option is a big bore wheel gun, when out in the woods. This is exactly what I have been trying to get away from. Oh Well.

I would rate a USP FS higher in reliability and durability than any wheel gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Come to think of it, my brother in law has an HK in 45 he wants to get rid of. I am not totally familiar with the HK line of pistols. If his is a 45 does that make it a USP model?
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would rate a USP FS higher in reliability and durability than any wheel gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    With newer XDs, can you operate the slide without having the grip safety depressed?
    Only the XDS single stack.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccssid View Post
    Come to think of it, my brother in law has an HK in 45 he wants to get rid of. I am not totally familiar with the HK line of pistols. If his is a 45 does that make it a USP model?

No. Not necearilly. There are 5 HK pistols which have been chambered in .45 auto. The HK P9S in the 1970s was the first.

Then there are the USP and USP Compact in .45 introduced in the 1990s and the newer models which are the “HK45” and the “HK45C”

The USP in 45 caliber uses a 12 round magazine and a double recoil system which makes it slightly more robust and durable than the othe HK models in .45.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. Not necearilly. There are 5 HK pistols which have been chambered in .45 auto. The HK P9S in the 1970s was the first.

Then there are the USP and USP Compact in .45 introduced in the 1990s and the newer models which are the “HK45” and the “HK45C”

The USP in 45 caliber uses a 12 round magazine and a double recoil system which makes it slightly more robust and durable than the othe HK models in .45.
    I shall investigate...thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    You forgot the part about how he rants that hollowpoints are bullshit so he only "runs" FMJ, so he can shoot through trucks and such since it's 10mm. He thinks the M14 never should have been retired, the M16 and M4 is still a piece of shit, but if you want a .223 you should get a Mini-14.
    The Tundra is over 10 years old and has a shitty body lift with straight pipes and worn-out offroad tires.
    As the original of a 2008 Tundra that’s traveled further than a one-way trip to the moon, I almost resent that.

No lift kit, though.

Does nyone here have any serious experience with the SIG P220 series 10mms?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    As the original of a 2008 Tundra that’s traveled further than a one-way trip to the moon, I almost resent that.

No lift kit, though.
    I own a 2004 V8 4Runner 4x4 (with almost a quarter million miles on it) a 1995 Supra turbo, a 1991 MR2 turbo, and a 1987 Supra turbo. I've lost count of all the older Supras, MR2s, AE86 Corollas and such I've owned. My own Father owns a 2001 Tundra that I'm pretty sure he'll be buried in, but we're looking to find him either a 100 series LC or early 00's Sequoia as a beater hunting rig.

So please don't mind me as I throw rocks from my glass house but the archetype in question would be equally served by any equivalently neglected & poorly modified Ford, Chevy, or Dodge, or a Nissan Titan. A Tundra only came to mind as one of the few that sustains such abuse and actually keeps working!

User Tag List