Thread: Ruger P-90 magazine release spring

Ruger P-90 magazine release spring

So occasionally I come across a forum where someone writes that the magazine release spring broke on their Ruger P-90. So that got me to thinking how nice it would be to have a spare one just in case. I think the P series was discontinued around 2010. I also wondered how long factory support would be available when it comes to parts and repairs. So I called Ruger customer service and inquired about a spring. The nice lady asked me for the serial number of my P-90 and put me on a brief hold. She said she would send me a spring at no charge. After taking my info, she said I would get it in about 5 days. Got it today. Just wanted to acknowledge their support and courteous service.

Ruger really has about the best customer service there is. I had a GP100 that was originally made in 1989. I picked it up used somewhere around 2010 and it was spitting unburnt powder or something from the BC gap back in my face. I called Ruger and they paid shipping both ways, replaced the barrel and fixed the gun and replaced my old damaged Lett grips with new Wiley Clapp grips free of charge. I've had to send back several Rugers but all the rest I bought new so I expect them to fix those. But to fix a 20 year old gun and throw in free grips I did not expect. They claimed the revolver had a factory defect though so good on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Avis

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    So occasionally I come across a forum where someone writes that the magazine release spring broke on their Ruger P-90. So that got me to thinking how nice it would be to have a spare one just in case.
    I have found the same pleasant experience with Ruger customer service. They have sent springs, floor plates and parts for free.
    They also answer their phone quickly.

There is a service that some companies supply, where they will let you send in your pistol to be totally taken apart, inspected, cleaned and any small parts replaced. Companies like Beretta charge big bucks for that. Ruger will do it for free and pay for the shipping to return it.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 10-29-2018 at 06:42 PM.

User Tag List