Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDM 10mm

Springfield XDM 10mm

Released for 10/10. Not sure if this is a dupe. Couldn’t find a thread. Anyway.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xdm-10mm-features/

Site Supporter
    It'll be interesting to read/see the reviews. Part of me just fundamentally hates XD's but 10mm is always interesting, if not tempting.

Just what those people need.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Just what those people need.
    10mm XD + SERPA = Chlorine for the gene pool?

The 10mm is a good round for a very small number of applications, and the exact wrong one for all the others. It's been experiencing a resurgence of late, which I hoped would lead to the development of some more functional ammo choices, but so far that hasn't happened, with the possible exception of the new 200 grain Gold Dot.

The product page says the new XD was tested with 10,000 rounds of 10mm Hydro-Shok, which is much like bragging that you tested a new pickup truck by driving around with a 50lb bag of play sand in the bed.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Coming soon to a Fobus holster or Nylon sack worn by Bubba at your local Wal-Mart...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The 10mm is a good round for a very small number of applications, and the exact wrong one for all the others. It's been experiencing a resurgence of late, which I hoped would lead to the development of some more functional ammo choices, but so far that hasn't happened, with the possible exception of the new 200 grain Gold Dot.

The product page says the new XD was tested with 10,000 rounds of 10mm Hydro-Shok, which is much like bragging that you tested a new pickup truck by driving around with a 50lb bag of play sand in the bed.
    It's not like the typical XD 10mm buyer is actually going to SHOOT the thing.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 10-10-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I don't really understand why I wouldn't just buy a Glock 20 if I wanted a good polymer-frame 10mm pistol.

The Springfield XDM 10mm almost looks like a more ugly Glock if you squint thru your eyelashes... or if you have glockcoma and can't see very well.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's not like the typical XD 10mm buyer is actually going to SHOOT the thing.
    They may not even know where or how to hold it without an easily identifiable Grip Zone

User Tag List